Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Minify CSS and JS in CodeIgniter

(This post was last modified: 11-06-2014, 08:06 AM by GrigoreMihai.)

In all of my projects I use them and i think it will be a nice idea to have then included in CI in the future.

What do you think ?

As for me, this is a very good idea. Otherwise, do not have to polzovatsja native library . What is not very convenient .

I used to use php libraries for compiling .less -> .css and magnifying js, but now days I use Grunt for those type of tasks. I don't like the idea of a on the fly compiler in php barfing on some .less code and my site becoming unstyled.

(11-06-2014, 08:05 AM)nnolting Wrote: I used to use php libraries for compiling .less -> .css and magnifying js, but now days I use Grunt for those type of tasks. I don't like the idea of a on the fly compiler in php barfing on some .less code and my site becoming unstyled.

Haha .. Don't be so negative ... I never had problems like that with css minifycation Angel

Yeah It would be nice if there can be some sort of a development and production environment preference to enable, features like minify and gzip.

(11-06-2014, 08:05 AM)nnolting Wrote: now days I use Grunt for those type of tasks.

Exactly. A build process like Grunt is the way to go. Minifying on the fly can lead to problems that can be easily avoided (performance, crash, minified version not updated after you change the source file, etc)

I'm using

Code:
http://code.google.com/p/minify/

Didn't need to do anything with CI to integrate it.

I don't like having this as a core item, personally. There are lots of third-party tools, some php, some CLI tools and others apps for your operating system, or even build systems like Phing or Ant that get used to do this already. For the most part they're pretty straightforward to integrate into your workflow and they are all constantly getting better. I don't see a need for the small number of CI devs to be required to keep up with another technology.

+1 Minify is important but its good to be added in next major version (3.1 / 4.0).
How ever there should be a discussion about Minify / Assets and what will fit best at CI concept?
Best VPS Hosting : Digital Ocean

(This post was last modified: 11-10-2014, 01:45 AM by Narf.)

Well, if anybody had bothered to take a look at the github repo, you'd know that there's an experimental minifier in 3.0-dev since 2012.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB