Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Uploading Zip Files

[eluser]mrmeyers99[/eluser]
It was when there was a zip file with an exe in it when it clears all post data. Is that for security? Shouldn't it at least have an error saying what happened or something?

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
I have to admit, that didn't occur to me originally either, but now I think about it, it's kind of obvious. However, feel free to suggest it in the bugs forum.

[eluser]mrmeyers99[/eluser]
Thanks for your help!

[eluser]bigtony[/eluser]
Just had this problem whereby CI not allowing upload of ZIP filetype. When I traced through the Upload.php library I noticed that for some reason the variable $this->file_type was "application/x-zip" (i.e. INCLUDING the quotation marks). Therefore it could not find it in the array of allowed mime types (which are without quote marks).

To solve, I just added another element to the array for 'zip' in the mimes.php config file that included the string with quotation marks.

Change line:
Code:
'zip'    =>  array('application/x-zip', 'application/zip', 'application/x-zip-compressed'),
To this:
Code:
'zip'    =>  array('application/x-zip', 'application/zip', 'application/x-zip-compressed', '"application/x-zip"'),

Thought it might help someone.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB