Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Tutorials

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2015, 11:30 AM by ciadmin.)

"[eluser]aran384[/eluser]\nCode Igniter is a great PHP framework and am really wanting to use this system more, but am having a problem, finding enough tutorials and examples to give me a general understand of how to change normal PHP code into Code Igniter code. \n\nCould anyone please link me to a list of example codes or videos with a decent quality that I can see the code while they are coding. \n\nElliot Haughin has some great videos but I am unable to download them and the the quality of the video from the online screencasts is just not good enough for me to understand the code while he is explaining it...\n\nIf anyone could either reupload the videos else where or direct me to more videos would appreiate it."

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2015, 11:30 AM by ciadmin.)

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
You sure you have read the User Guide? This is the best documented framework around, those things really do rock.

User Guide

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2015, 11:31 AM by ciadmin.)

[eluser]aran384[/eluser]
[quote author=\"thepyromaniac\" date=\"1182442395\"]You sure you have read the User Guide? This is the best documented framework around, those things really do rock.

User Guide[/quote]

Yeah I have had a look but, I learn best with examples and people telling me or instructing videos...

[eluser]pr0digy[/eluser]
Tutorials.

[eluser]aran384[/eluser]
[quote author=\"pr0digy\" date=\"1182459560\"]Tutorials.[/quote]

Sorry should of mentioned I have tried the tutorials on the Wiki...

(This post was last modified: 04-02-2015, 11:32 AM by ciadmin.)

[eluser]Bacteria Man[/eluser]
This question has been asked a lot and honestly the best answer is 1) read (or at least skim) the entire manual from end to end (it\'s a quick read) and 2) watch the tutorial video on creating a blog. Once doing so you should have enough basic information to start building your first application. Code Igniter has a short to medium learning curve depending on your experience. Happy coding!

"[eluser]esra[/eluser]\nActually, aran appears to be looking for a tutorial explaining how to migrate from procedural coding style to object oriented coding style using the Model-View-Controller approach and specifically using CodeIgniter\'s MVC approach (which is considerably more elegant and simpler to understand than most MVC frameworks). I get the impression that he wants to see before and after code. To my knowledge, no tutorials of this nature exist for CodeIgniter."

[eluser]aran384[/eluser]
[quote author=\"esra\" date=\"1182507953\"]Actually, aran appears to be looking for a tutorial explaining how to migrate from procedural coding style to object oriented coding style using the Model-View-Controller approach and specifically using CodeIgniter\'s MVC approach (which is considerably more elegant and simpler to understand than most MVC frameworks). I get the impression that he wants to see before and after code. To my knowledge, no tutorials of this nature exist for CodeIgniter.[/quote]

That would be a help yes... This is one of the things i would like to see... Would help a lot to be able to see how code changes from standard PHP to Code Igniter PHP...

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I agree. I am fairly new to PHP application development and would like to learn Code Igniter as I am learning more about PHP.

I am also temporarily on a dial-up connection and am having trouble viewing the \'blog tutorial\' on the CI site, so it would be nice to have some more tutorials (maybe written versions) based on real world applications, such as member logins, tag clouds, Ajax implimentation, etc. You know, lots of Web 2.0 stuff that we could actually use in our own apps built with CI.

I plan on doing a series of tutorials once I have learned enough, but I don\'t feel comfortable enough to do so just yet.

So, if anyone hears anything, let me know...please. Thanks.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB