Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Installation Help Please

[eluser]jozhall[/eluser]
Ok, I am brand new to these forums and I wish that my first posting would be surrounding something a bit more entertaining or enlightening. However, all I need is installation help!

I followed the installation instructions and now all I get is a CI generated 404 page when I try to access the index.php. Please remember that I know very very little about CI and was hoping to play with it a bit first before I commenting on these boards. I have doubled checked all of the installation instructions and I still can't figure out whats wrong.

[eluser]thunder uk[/eluser]
[quote author="jozhall" date="1183148621"]Ok, I am brand new to these forums and I wish that my first posting would be surrounding something a bit more entertaining or enlightening. However, all I need is installation help!

I followed the installation instructions and now all I get is a CI generated 404 page when I try to access the index.php. Please remember that I know very very little about CI and was hoping to play with it a bit first before I commenting on these boards. I have doubled checked all of the installation instructions and I still can't figure out whats wrong.[/quote]

Well, at least getting a CI 404 is better than nothing at all! Wink

What URL are you using that gives you the 404?

And have you gone down the route of installing a .htaccess file and removing the index.php from the url yet?

Out of the box, you should at least be able to get the welcome message quite easily so if you could comment on what changes you've made so far, that would be most helpful too. Smile

[eluser]jozhall[/eluser]
Heres the URL that pulls the 404. http://www.r-b-media.com/codeIG/ I just installed a .htaccess file. Still 404. I haven't made any other changes then what is mentioned in the installation.

[eluser]jozhall[/eluser]
Also, I failed to mention that the site is hosted at godaddy.com I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they do not support required versions of PHP. They are lacking in alot of areas.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB