Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Problem using wysiwyg editor and CI

[eluser]The Dooode[/eluser]
I am having a wierd problem using wysiwyg editors in my Code Igniter applications. When saving the content from the editor it sometimes does not get posted so that I loose all the content in the editor. It seems to only happy once the amount of content goes over a certain size - a couple of paragraphs and an image normally causes it to be lost. If it's just a paragraph then it all works fine.

I have other applications that don't use Code Igniter and they work fine so it does seem to be an issue with CI rather than a PHP/Apache config thing? I have tried both wysiwyg pro and Tiny MCE and get the same problem.

Has anyone encountered this before? Any thoughts on why this happens?

Although i was using an editor in my application the same thing is happening if I just replace with a textarea and paste in some HTML. The HTML is very basic, a couple of paragraphs wrapped in <p> tags and an image - there is no javascript or anything like that.

When I only have a little content the data is posted and I can save into my database but as I add more data to the textarea the contents of my posted variable ($this->input->post("content", TRUE)) disapears?

Anyone had problems using editors in there CI code?

Just noticed this thread is reporting the same behaviour:
http://ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/46039/

[eluser]Iksander[/eluser]
Make sure your database field can hold the amount of text you are putting in, that sounds like the issue to me.

Thanks for the reply. It seems the problem lies with the XSS Filter as pointed out by zombor in his post (linked above). When i turn it off all works fine.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB