Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
My site getting wider

[eluser]juan1904[/eluser]
Hi,

I'm recoding my page from standard PHP to objectoriented MVC PHP in CodeIgniter. But now recently I noticed that the version in CodeIgniter is a little bit wider so my pictures and stuff on the webpage is kind of ugly and blurish.
Are there anyone else that have experienced this problem?

I tried to copy the CSS-file from my old page to the new one but nothing changed.

[eluser]Thorpe Obazee[/eluser]
[quote author="juan1904" date="1242885515"]Hi,

I'm recoding my page from standard PHP to objectoriented MVC PHP in CodeIgniter. But now recently I noticed that the version in CodeIgniter is a little bit wider so my pictures and stuff on the webpage is kind of ugly and blurish.
Are there anyone else that have experienced this problem?

I tried to copy the CSS-file from my old page to the new one but nothing changed.[/quote]

I don't understand how it relates to CI. CI is still PHP. It doesn't affect the images or CSS.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Try firebug with firefox to find the cause
Alternatively, maybe a link to the live site?
But as bargainph said, I can't see this being a CI issue :-S

Hehe sorry about this.

I asked a friend and he said it was no difference between the two websites, and when I tried in Internet Explorer it wasn't any difference for me either. Something is bugged in my Firefox Sad

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Are you using a CSS reset? I recommend the Myers reset
I'm too lazy to attatch a file, so I'll just dump the code here
Code:
html,body,div,span,applet,object,iframe,h1,h2,h3,h4,h5,h6,p,blockquote,pre,a,abbr,acronym,address,big,cite,code,del,dfn,em,font,img,ins,kbd,q,s,samp,small,strike,strong,sub,sup,tt,var,b,u,i,center,dl,dt,dd,ol,ul,li,fieldset,form,label,legend,table,caption,tbody,tfoot,thead,tr,th,td{border:0;outline:0;font-size:100%;vertical-align:baseline;background:transparent;margin:0;padding:0;}
body{line-height:1;}
ol,ul{list-style:none;}
blockquote,q{quotes:none;}
blockquote:before,blockquote:after,q:before,q:after{content:none;}
:focus{outline:0;}
ins{text-decoration:none;}
del{text-decoration:line-through;}
table{border-collapse:collapse;border-spacing:0;}

That will get rid of any potential browser conflicting defaults

That didn't work for me. There gotta be some HTML-issues then, even though I've read my code a million times by now.

[eluser]Thorpe Obazee[/eluser]
it's client side. it can't be a server-side problem. You'd probably have to check everything 2 million times next time Smile

[eluser]geocine[/eluser]
try to clear your browser cache, maybe it works.

[quote author="geocine" date="1242986516"]try to clear your browser cache, maybe it works.[/quote]

That didn't work either.

Just as bargainph said, it gotta be a problem with my version of Firefox. It works perfectly fine in IE for me and it works in both IE and FF for my friend.

Still it's bugging me Tongue

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB