Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
[Dx_Auth] Internet Explorer 8 And Dx_Auth

[eluser]frbry[/eluser]
Hello everybody, this is my first post in the forum, i'm using CI for about two months now, I was kind of an observer of the forum. So I'd like to thank all the people wrote these informative stuff out there Smile

Alright. I'm making a website currently, with ofcourse CI. I'm using DX_Auth plugin for the auth stuff. I'm having this weird "problem" that i'm getting kind of "kicked off" right after i login to my site and navigate a page or two using IE8. (The OS is Windows Vista by the way). Everything seems working well with Opera, Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari. I don't know what the problem is about IE8.

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
Welcome to the CodeIgniter forums.

Please define:

[quote author="frbry" date="1243207990"]kind of "kicked off" [/quote]

Thanks.

[eluser]frbry[/eluser]
When you enter the page for the first time, you see these buttons: "New User", "Log in". When you log in, the only button you see is "Log out".

Well, when i log in with the IE8, there comes the content page and quit button on top, i click a link to go another page but when i do that, i see the buttons "New User" and "Log in" instead of "Log out".

Note: When i check, "Remember Me" option at the login form, i'm remembered in every page as logged in.

[eluser]theshiftexchange[/eluser]
Have u tried it with IE7 on the same computer? Or IE8 on another computer?

If its just IE8 - I'm wondering what your cookie/session settings are in IE8...?

[eluser]frbry[/eluser]
[quote author="theshiftexchange" date="1243363169"]Have u tried it with IE7 on the same computer? Or IE8 on another computer?

If its just IE8 - I'm wondering what your cookie/session settings are in IE8...?[/quote]

Somehow, It started to work fine. I didn't do anything in my IE8 settings. If it is a random thing, I don't know what to do...

[eluser]mrbinky3000[/eluser]
I'm haveing a similar problem. If I use the correct login and password, I seemingly get logged in. But I'm not. The next page I visit asks me to log in again. This only happens on IE8.

[eluser]hugle[/eluser]
[quote author="mrbinky3000" date="1258591442"]I'm haveing a similar problem. If I use the correct login and password, I seemingly get logged in. But I'm not. The next page I visit asks me to log in again. This only happens on IE8.[/quote]

hello
same here. I've got same problem in google chrome v.3...

FireFox works just fine...

maybe you have found the sollution? THANKS! Smile

I solved the problem. Check your cookie settings in CI. Make sure you have the correct domain name, path, etc. Use FireFox + FireBug, or FireFox + "Live HTTP Headers" to look at the cookies being set. If no cookies are being set, perhaps there is something wrong with the date on your web server. If you have permission, log on to the server and check the date. If the date is in the past, all other web browsers EXCEPT FireFox will not set the cookie. IE, Chrome, Opera will all not work if the server's date is in the past. FireFox still works under these conditions for some reason. That's everything I learned about this problem.

[eluser]hugle[/eluser]
The problem is, that Firefox works nicely.. no problems at all.

And in IE, Chrome - I can't set userdata Sad
for example auth mechanism passes the user/pass - but does not set the session->userdata - and in fact user stays logged out Sad

1) DX_AUTH uses CI's session class
2) CI's session class uses cookies

Hence...

Check to make sure that your cookie settings in CI are correct. Do the stuff I said and it will work.

:-)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB