Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Editor for codeigniter

[eluser]sirfak[/eluser]
Hi. I am not able to decide which editor should i use for my application.
I checked eclipse that is good but with that i am looking for HTML editor with dropdown functionality for creating/designing webpage
Any Suggestions??????????
Thanks
sirfAK

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Assuming you're using the PDT plug-in for eclipse, it does have full auto complete support for HTML and CSS (I'm assuming thats what you're refering to by 'dropdown functionality')

[eluser]Berserk[/eluser]
i'm using both Inptype and Notepad++ Big Grin

[eluser]sirfak[/eluser]
Hi,
by drag and drop I mean I should be able to click table icon and drag it to my page so that a table will be inserted in it.
Is there any thing like that to be used in PDT
Thanks

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Ah drag and drop, you didn't mention that in your post Tongue
The only WYSIWYG type editor I've used in the past is Dreamweaver, which costs money, and even then I only really used the WYWSIWYG part to jumpt to the correct point in the code

I like to have complete control over my code Smile

[eluser]sirfak[/eluser]
@Dam1an
Then what do you use to create html page?
thnsk

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
I just stick with Eclipse PDT, hand coding + auto complete is more then enough for me Smile

Also, the fact my designs are never overly complex, well broken down etc, it's so easy to keep track of what I'm doing I have no need for a WYSIWYG
Plus I never liked the code they generated (may have improved by now)

[eluser]Evil Wizard[/eluser]
[quote author="sirfak" date="1245424662"]Hi,
by drag and drop I mean I should be able to click table icon and drag it to my page so that a table will be inserted in it.
Thanks[/quote]
Have you considered Frontpage? or MS Word?

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
[quote author="Evil Wizard" date="1245426331"][quote author="sirfak" date="1245424662"]Hi,
Thanks[/quote]
Have you considered Frontpage? or MS Word?[/quote]

Please tell me you're joking

[eluser]Evil Wizard[/eluser]
of course I am, I'd type out the first row and then use copy and paste for the remaining ones or use a foreach

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB