Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
New CodeIgniter screencast via NetTuts

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Quote:In this week's 30 minute screencast, I'm going to show you how easy it is to work with the MVC pattern and CodeIgniter. This video is aimed at beginners who have no experience with a PHP framework.

For demonstration purposes, we'll be building a simple image upload utility. We'll then perform some validation, save the file to our uploads folder, and automatically create a respective thumbnail. With raw PHP, this can be somewhat time-consuming. However, with CodeIgniter, it's simply a matter of referencing the correct library, and passing in some configuration options! Let's dive in.

http://net.tutsplus.com/videos/screencas...deigniter/

Hope this helps someone Smile

I've not watched it yet, but assume it'll be very good, as NetTuts normally are Smile

[eluser]skunkbad[/eluser]
I watched it (well as much as I could stand). The text of the guy's text editor was so small my eyes were going crazy trying to read it. I could tell that the tutorial was well done from what I watched, but I just couldn't finish it.

I think for me the tutorial just pointed out the obvious; CI is so easy to use because it rocks! Whatever needs to be developed, CI is a great foundation.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
Did you not think to full screen it? It was perfect quality, even when blown up to 23"
I just had it running in the background while doing other stuff.

It's definatly for beginners, but very good for who it's aimed at.

There was also very positive feedback in the comments, wanting more screencasts...

[eluser]skunkbad[/eluser]
Ha! I didn't even notice I could blow it up.

[eluser]Dam1an[/eluser]
That was the first thing I looked for as it was too small lol

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB