Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Pear with CI

[eluser]searain[/eluser]
Do you use pear with CI?

The advantages (the for) and disadvantages (the against) using pear with CI?

If you don't use pear with CI, what alternatives you will use? and why?

Pear + CI is good for what kind projects and the alternative is good for what kind projects?

I am recently switching to CI, just try to get everything right as much as I can in the beginning, including select and set up the right tools (extensions, libraries) etc.

Thanks!

[eluser]renownedmedia[/eluser]
After building a cool project using pear and finding out it didn't work on any shared hosts because the pear packages weren't installed, I ended up abandoning pear.

Personally I love it when everything can be uploaded to a server using a self-contained folder and an SQL file, one of the reasons I went with CI in the first place.

[eluser]Rick Jolly[/eluser]
[quote author="Renowned Media" date="1250189399"]After building a cool project using pear and finding out it didn't work on any shared hosts because the pear packages weren't installed, I ended up abandoning pear.

Personally I love it when everything can be uploaded to a server using a self-contained folder and an SQL file, one of the reasons I went with CI in the first place.[/quote]
That's like saying "my CI project didn't work on shared hosts because they didn't install CI". Besides, if the host unexpectedly updates pear, it could break your app. That happened to me.

Just upload the pear libraries you need yourself and remove the host's pear version from the include path if necessary.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB