Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Project Development

[eluser]georgerobbo[/eluser]
I'm about to begin developing a project for a school based on the environment, our impact and their aims to be environmentally friendly.

They have asked for:

- main site
- blog
- wiki

I am going to use a template wiki, however I am stuck between choosing a Content Management System and coding everything myself. Expression Engine isn't really within budget, so my next choice is WordPress.

We've agreed an early release and to add features later so we have something for when we go back. I'm very tempted with a combination of CodeIgniter and WordPress. WordPress can power the main blog and then on other pages you can read items from the WordPress blog by simply accessing the MySQL database.

Is there a more efficient way of doing what I want to achieve?

[eluser]renownedmedia[/eluser]
That's what I would do. WP is a kick ass blog software. I've got a CI site integrated into a WP right now (www.renownedmedia.com homepage loads WP entries).

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
[quote author="georgerobbo" date="1251310423"]I'm about to begin developing a project for a school based on the environment, our impact and their aims to be environmentally friendly.

They have asked for:

- main site
- blog
- wiki

Is there a more efficient way of doing what I want to achieve?[/quote]

Why not just go with a CMS and be done with it? If the stated requirements are accurate, there's no need to do any coding at all (though I must confess 'main site' is a bit nebulous - might need more details on that one Wink

I'd go with one of the biggies - deki, joomla, drupal (disclaimer - I've not used wordpress). I think the bigger ones tend to have more modules for things that may creep onto your requirement list - galleries, collab books, trading post (a common one for schools), and so on.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB