Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI session expires rapidly

[eluser]Ch. Land[/eluser]
I've got a similar problem... my sessions are rapidly expiring no matter what i write in the config-file... will look further into it... at least in my case its suspicious that it nearly always fails during some AJAX-calls...

[eluser]joao.sobrinho[/eluser]
I've tried everything I can remember and it's not solved yet...

don't know where to look anymore.

[eluser]Molchy[/eluser]
[quote author="joao.sobrinho" date="1268662178"]I've tried everything I can remember and it's not solved yet...

don't know where to look anymore.[/quote]

I had same problem, try every solution on this forum:
- Expending session expire time
- Usage of session DB
- Check IE cookie

On the end i used Native Session library and it works as it should ...
Usage is the is the same as CI Session , only difference is:
session->sess_destroy() in CI lib. and in Native lib. session->destroy , but still you can change that as i did Big Grin that is same as in CI Wink ...

So don't loose time and use Native Session lib.

[eluser]Ch. Land[/eluser]
Just a quick update on my situation: seems I solved my problem by patching Session.php (I modified "sess_update" to not update the DB if the current request is an AJAX-request) - before my patch i got logged out every few minutes (depending on how i used my app) since the update everything is running smoothly. Probably not the best solution but for now it works.

[quote author="Denis Molan" date="1268662646"][quote author="joao.sobrinho" date="1268662178"]I've tried everything I can remember and it's not solved yet...

- Usage of session DB
- Check IE cookie

session->sess_destroy() in CI lib. and in Native lib. session->destroy , but still you can change that as i did Big Grin that is same as in CI Wink ...

So don't loose time and use Native Session lib.[/quote]

Hi.

Where do I find that class to replace the current one ?

- Expending session expire time I didn't tried this yet, because users don't usually get to 20 minutes of using the session...
- Usage of session DB Due to the nature of the application, I need to use the DB to store the session data.
- Check IE cookie happens in every browser.

In the development environment it seems quite ok. the sessions last for a good time, but they don't behave right... sometimes after 20 minutes or 1h or 2h (ramdomly) it quits... In the real environment, users claim that sometimes they don't even have time to make 2 or 3 clicks...

[eluser]Molchy[/eluser]
[quote author="joao.sobrinho" date="1268663999"][quote author="Denis Molan" date="1268662646"][quote author="joao.sobrinho" date="1268662178"]I've tried everything I can remember and it's not solved yet...

- Usage of session DB
- Check IE cookie

So don't loose time and use Native Session lib.[/quote]

Hi.

Where do I find that class to replace the current one ?

- Expending session expire time I didn't tried this yet, because users don't usually get to 20 minutes of using the session...
- Usage of session DB Due to the nature of the application, I need to use the DB to store the session data.
- Check IE cookie happens in every browser.

In the development environment it seems quite ok. the sessions last for a good time, but they don't behave right... sometimes after 20 minutes or 1h or 2h (ramdomly) it quits... In the real environment, users claim that sometimes they don't even have time to make 2 or 3 clicks...[/quote]

I read what you posted and just wanna warn you that Native Session lib. doesn't use DB. You can modify it to use DB.

Native session lib. link:
http://codeigniter.com/wiki/Native_session/

I changed the configuration of my codeigniters. Now I'm not using DB to store the session data. It stays in a cookie encrypted.

But a new problem came in...

In the development environment (where I try to replicate as much as possible the real environment), it's all ok.
In the real environment, when it switches from HTTPS to HTTP (after the login), it looses the session. If I put all in HTTPS it works ok, but its slower than HTTP...

Does anyone ever had this problem ?
the configurations are pretty much the same in both environments...

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB