Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Would This be Difficult? (First CI Project)

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I never used CodeIgniger before but there is a feature I would like to add to my website.. I use steps/milestones with clients and I would like them to be timed if possible.. If I set up a certain task for example a design concept of a website.. I would want to have a timer displaying "Design Concept" counting down the seconds next to the task in the same column with notifications at certain times that I or my client can set.. maybe 10 days left.. 5 days.. 1 hour..

its not a huge site/idea but just a small project I can use to teach me a little about CodeIgniter while adding a nice feature to my site.

Would something like this take a while to do?

[eluser]Sbioko[/eluser]
I think, you should start coding. And soon I'll see its difficulty. If it will be hard, I need to try code some easier things like blogs, forums, etc..

[eluser]Johan André[/eluser]
Pretty simple, but you'll need to know the framework.

I think, unlike Demedes, that you should not start coding it but instead sketch out the project on paper.
The actual coding is the easy part and probably done in a couple of hours when you identified what it is you'll have to code. Smile

Alot of the times when I just start coding it gets tossed away halfway through and not completed...

Good luck!

[eluser]viisik[/eluser]
[quote author="Johan André" date="1263271077"]Pretty simple, but you'll need to know the framework.

I think, unlike Demedes, that you should not start coding it but instead sketch out the project on paper.
The actual coding is the easy part and probably done in a couple of hours when you identified what it is you'll have to code. Smile
[/quote]

what would he need to write on paper actually, what are the key points and what parts of the code he needs to sketch first

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
thx for the replies.. when you say write it on paper im guessing you mean the process it would take for each function to work? I'm not to sure what exactly I could write out but ill give it a try and post my reply sometime later today or tomorrow Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB