Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
A message from the creator of Redux

[eluser]Popcorn[/eluser]
Hi everyone.

I would just like to thank everyone for their enthusiastic support of Redux Auth, but I believe it's time to let it go and move onto a better supported library.

I have since moved onto another framework (Kohana) and thus Redux hasn't been maintained for over a year. It contains bugs, missing features and crap code so I would really recommend avoid using it.

The reason I'm making this post is because I'm constantly receiving emails within regards to Redux. It's quite ironic, the worst piece of code I've written has become the most used and the better libraries I've written are the less used.

Thanks to all the people who have forked Redux. I really appreciate you making it into a better project, this is what open source development is about after all Smile

If you're interested in some of my newer work then you can check out my github page where I've created a sitemap library; contains code for generating video, news, code, geo, etc ... sitemaps; chef cookbooks for server deployments and an admin theme which has yet to be publicly released.

If you're a stubborn "so and so" and still want Redux support then I'm available for hire.

As a kind request can you link to this page whenever someone asks about Redux.

Regards,
-Mathew

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
After our running on StackOverflow I wondered how long it would be until you left a more official note over here.

I'll be keeping an eye on your work on GitHub and who knows, might even steal some to backport for CodeIgniter. Tongue

For anyone wondering about the Redux fork that is taking this project forward with full compatibility, take a look at Ben Edmund's Ion Auth. It's very simple, lightweight and works fine with existing Redux Auth systems.

[eluser]Popcorn[/eluser]
Thanks for the comment Phil. I thought If I didn't touch the project for a year people would get the idea and find something more actively developed to use.

*shakes fist at success.

[eluser]Ben Edmunds[/eluser]
Hey Matthew,

Sorry to find out you're leaving CI.

Thanks for the response and hopefully your legacy can live on through Ion Auth. Thanks for the code base with Redux and I hope you have continued success with your new projects.

[eluser]Popcorn[/eluser]
@Ben

A legacy of what ... crap code? Thanks for the comments either way and I just released my [url="http://github.com/ThePixelDeveloper/Admin-Template"]admin template[/url] Smile.

Enjoy, hope you have some success with ION Auth.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
@popcorn
The zip file you uploaded on github with your admin template is missing some files. The image files, style sheets and js are missing.

[eluser]Popcorn[/eluser]
alx79: It should be fixed now, thanks.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB