Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
A good practice? Zend Framework Libraries in CI

[eluser]Mareshal[/eluser]
I had an idea today(maybe good, maybe bad), to have a closer look to zend framework, and I saw it has some nice libraries implemented. I googled a bit and found quite few qrticles about "How to implement zend framework libraries in codeigniter", but here comes my question. Is this a good practice?

[eluser]farinspace[/eluser]
I use Zend Framework all the time in CI, their libraries are very modular and I find them very easy to use within any system/framework (the libraries can be a little bulky at times) ... But good code is good code, its all on how you use it, if you use it poorly, then you'll have a poor app, simply put!

[eluser]johnpeace[/eluser]
[quote author="farinspace" date="1269340639"]I use Zend Framework all the time in CI, their libraries are very modular and I find them very easy to use within any system/framework (the libraries can be a little bulky at times) ... But good code is good code, its all on how you use it, if you use it poorly, then you'll have a poor app, simply put![/quote]

Using CI 2.0..I can't get this to work. I can set the include path so that all of the correct files are included with the load->library and zend->load methods, but I always get a 'cannot redeclare class xxx in [zend_class_file]'.

Can you help me resolve this?

[eluser]farinspace[/eluser]
@johnpeace, Sounds like something is being included twice. You will have to track that down. Make sure you are using "include_once" or "require_once". When I use Zend libraries I simply avoid the CI->load methods ... I setup the default Zend path ... and simply do my includes where needed.

[eluser]ilovekhym[/eluser]
hello

i just created a thread on how Zend Library can be used inside CI
ellislab.com/forums/viewthread/211463/

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB