Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Git Question

[eluser]kilishan[/eluser]
I'm trying to figure out how to best organize my libraries with GIT.

I've been starting to use github to post my open-source projects and am hitting a wall trying to work with all of them together. Here's my ideal plan, but I haven't figured out how to make it all work together. Any help would be great appreciated!

- I would like to have a single CodeIgniter project that contains all of my various libs for testing, both seperately and together.
- In that project, I would like to have multiple git repos. For example, if I'm modifying my assets lib, I'd like it to be a completely seperate github repo than my template library. But I want them in the same project to easily work with them together.

I hope this makes sense, as I'm not sure I'm being overly clear on this.

Any ideas, pointers, or links?

Thanks!

[eluser]Eric Barnes[/eluser]
I am not a git master so you may want to take this with a grain of salt. Smile But I think you would probably want to set up different branches for each lib then one main branch with everything merged into it.

Another option that I haven't tried is to have different repos for each then one that pulls all of them in together. I believe that would be possible. Kind of like svn externals.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB