Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
[RESOLVED] Need help with implementing a complicated payment system.

[eluser]Xarren[/eluser]
Hey,
I have quite a complex problem, not specifically related to programming, more problem solving - So I'm not looking for a word to word programming how to, rather an idea on how to solve this:

I have a changing amount of girls, each one with public and private photos. VIP members can view the private photos for all the girls, and everyone can view the public ones - Thats simple. What I want to implement is that after a small one time payment a non-VIP member can view a single girls private images for lets say 24 hours.

One way I thought to go about this is cookies, making a cookie and setting it to expire in 24 hours, however many people going on these types of websites have private browsing on, so that would not be reliable.

Database wise, I was struggling to imagine a structure for that. A header for each girl would most likely not work - girls come and go, it would have to be constantly updated. Another database solution I thought of was a single field with a comma seperated list of all the girls that person has a permission to view private pics of, and another field with the time the permission was given, however that would mean that if the person books one girl on the 1st of march morning, another one that evening, then both the girls would last 24 hours from the second booking. Well unless the times were also a comma seperated list..

Thats all I could think of, and all these seem a bit overcomplicated - there must be an easy way to do this, any ideas would be appriciated Smile.

[eluser]flaky[/eluser]
Quote:I have a changing amount of girls, each one with public and private photos. VIP members can view the private photos for all the girls, and everyone can view the public ones - Thats simple. What I want to implement is that after a small one time payment a non-VIP member can view a single girls private images for lets say 24 hours.
generate a key for the user that makes the payment, every time the user wants to access a private section/girl ask for the key

Quote:Database wise, I was struggling to imagine a structure for that. A header for each girl would most likely not work - girls come and go, it would have to be constantly updated. Another database solution I thought of was a single field with a comma seperated list of all the girls that person has a permission to view private pics of, and another field with the time the permission was given, however that would mean that if the person books one girl on the 1st of march morning, another one that evening, then both the girls would last 24 hours from the second booking. Well unless the times were also a comma seperated list..

a table similar to this perhaps
Code:
user_id,
girl_id,
from_date,
to_date

[eluser]Xarren[/eluser]
Ahh the second bit is a good idea, didn't think of that.. I feel a bit silly now Smile.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB