Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
form to form+tinyMCE

[eluser]natefons[/eluser]
2 questions to start off the bat.

1st and simple one, is how do i enable tinyMCE with CI?
the regular way to use tinymce is to add the .js and .css to the header of the file that will use the MCE, and any textarea will be converted to MCE. but with codeigniter, i seem to have issues getting it to work....does any one know what exactly i need to do in order to get it working?

2-
i understand the form validation stuff very broadly, but im not sure how to do the following scenario:

a user inputs login to a form, and when its successful, they will be prompted to a new form.
(think of it as loging into post a comment)
my basic understanding is to have 2 controllers (1 login, and 1 comment), and on forumsucess.php use a redirect to the new (invoke?) controller...but im guessing there is a simpler way to do this?

(sorry if the terminology is confusing )

thanks
Nate

[eluser]mi6crazyheart[/eluser]
For u'r 1st question , i think if u show u'r view file code then it'll be more help full for us to find out the error.

and about 2nd question...
The scenario which u've explained where u may be want to use that, i think the steps should be like this...
[1] Copy the exact url of the comment page in a session variable before redirecting user to the login page.
[2] After successfully login check , extract that comment url from session variable & redirect u'r user directly to that link.

May this will help u : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/21303...edirection

[eluser]natefons[/eluser]
heres the script
Code:
<html>
<head>
<title>Data Input</title>
[removed][removed]
[removed]
    tinyMCE.init({
        // General options
        mode : "textareas",
        theme : "advanced",
        plugins : "pagebreak,style,layer,table,save,advhr,advimage,advlink,emotions,iespell,inlinepopups,insertdatetime,preview,media,searchreplace,print,contextmenu,paste,directionality,fullscreen,noneditable,visualchars,nonbreaking,xhtmlxtras,template,wordcount,advlist,autosave",

// Theme options
        theme_advanced_buttons1 : "save,newdocument,|,bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,|,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,justifyfull,styleselect,formatselect,fontselect,fontsizeselect",
        theme_advanced_buttons2 : "cut,copy,paste,pastetext,pasteword,|,search,replace,|,bullist,numlist,|,outdent,indent,blockquote,|,undo,redo,|,link,unlink,anchor,image,cleanup,help,code,|,insertdate,inserttime,preview,|,forecolor,backcolor",
        theme_advanced_buttons3 : "tablecontrols,|,hr,removeformat,visualaid,|,sub,sup,|,charmap,emotions,iespell,media,advhr,|,print,|,ltr,rtl,|,fullscreen",
        theme_advanced_buttons4 : "insertlayer,moveforward,movebackward,absolute,|,styleprops,|,cite,abbr,acronym,del,ins,attribs,|,visualchars,nonbreaking,template,pagebreak,restoredraft",
        theme_advanced_toolbar_location : "top",
        theme_advanced_toolbar_align : "left",
        theme_advanced_statusbar_location : "bottom",
        theme_advanced_resizing : true,

// Example content CSS (should be your site CSS)
        content_css : "css/content.css",

// Drop lists for link/image/media/template dialogs
        template_external_list_url : "lists/template_list.js",
        external_link_list_url : "lists/link_list.js",
        external_image_list_url : "lists/image_list.js",
        media_external_list_url : "lists/media_list.js",

// Style formats
        style_formats : [
            {title : 'Bold text', inline : 'b'},
            {title : 'Red text', inline : 'span', styles : {color : '#ff0000'}},
            {title : 'Red header', block : 'h1', styles : {color : '#ff0000'}},
            {title : 'Example 1', inline : 'span', classes : 'example1'},
            {title : 'Example 2', inline : 'span', classes : 'example2'},
            {title : 'Table styles'},
            {title : 'Table row 1', selector : 'tr', classes : 'tablerow1'}
        ],

// Replace values for the template plugin
        template_replace_values : {
            username : "Some User",
            staffid : "991234"
        }
    });
[removed]
<!-- /TinyMCE -->
</head>
<body>
<h3>Selecct Data to input</h3>
&lt;form method="POST" action=""&gt;
    <select name="option">
        <option value="News">News</option>
        <option value="events">Events</option>
    </select>
    <div>
        &lt;textarea id="elm1" name="elm1" rows="15" cols="80" style="width: 80%"&gt;
            Type your stuff here
    &lt;/textarea&gt;
    </div>
&lt;/form&gt;

&lt;/body&gt;
&lt;/html&gt;

now if you run this code regular (as in if you visit the php script directly rather than through the controller, it displays fine)

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB