Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Starting a new project

[eluser]bosco500[/eluser]
First, I have to say this is the most complete and easy to understand programming "language" I've ever come across. I realize its not a full blown language, but you get the gist. Whoever created codeignitor needs a pat on the back. Good work guy.

I've seen a huge null in the market for invoicing/job costing/accounting software for the line of work I'm in. There are tons of softwares out there, but this is sort of a special market that needs special equations built into its software. There are a few desktop apps, but absolutely no web apps. That being said, I'm absolutely new to using any php framework. This will be a fairly large app, so I would like to get started on the right foot.

When dealing with "controllers", how often do you use a new controller? Do you use a controller for each "section" of your program? I realize this is a very vauge question, but I don't know how else to ask. In an invoicing program, would have have a controller for customer, items, users, etc... or would you use one controller? I was thinking break the controllers as small as possible, to allow for easy user authentication/privileges. Am I correct?

Also, I realize everyone programs different, I'm just trying to get some ideas. I've done some fairly large size DBase programs, but this is a different animal Smile

Thanks for any ideas!

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
A good way to think of it is to name all of the nouns in your application (users, clients, accounts, etc) - each of those will be a controller, where as all of your verbs (create, delete, update) will be method of those controllers.

[eluser]bosco500[/eluser]
[quote author="walesmd" date="1192162634"]A good way to think of it is to name all of the nouns in your application (users, clients, accounts, etc) - each of those will be a controller, where as all of your verbs (create, delete, update) will be method of those controllers.[/quote]

Exactly what I was wondering. This way I could secure access to any noun or verb. Thanks!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB