Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Error Warning: require_once (system/codeigniter/CodeIgniter.php) failed to open stream: No such file or directory

[eluser]andygarcia[/eluser]
Just installed codeigniter but am getting this error

Warning: require_once(/public_html/ABC/system/codeigniter/CodeIgniter.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home1/App/public_html/ABC/system/index.php on line 115

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/public_html/abc/system/codeigniter/CodeIgniter.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib64/php:/usr/lib/php') in /home1/App/public_html/ABC/index.php on line 115

115th Line says - require_once BASEPATH.'codeigniter/CodeIgniter'.EXT;

I browsed through this forum and did the following things,

a. Changed the system folder variable in index.php as below

$system_folder = "/public_html/ABC/system";

b. Changed the application folder variable in index.php as below

$application_folder = "/public_html/ABC/system/application";

c. Changed the permission of the entire codeigniter folder and its subfiles (5 files - codeigniter.php, common.php, compat.php, Base4.php, base5.php and index.htm)to 777

Still am getting the same error.

Could this be because the application asked me to create a database by the name action_abc but i created a database named App_abc because this is what my webserver allows me to create - it does not allow me to create action_abc as a sql database name. Could this be due to this? If yes - what could be the solution?

Can anyone help me why I am getting this error?

Guys... Thanks in advance...

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
Try this:
Code:
$system_folder = “ABC/system”;
$application_folder = “ABC/system/application”;

InsiteFX

Oh Ok... now something else happened... I got an error saying,

A Database Error Occurred

Unable to connect to your database server using the provided settings.

What could this mean?

Just as a background - Software asks me to create a database by the name action_abc but i created a database named App_abc because this is what my webserver allows me to create - it does not allow me to create action_abc as a sql database name. Also the username defined to log into this software is "admin". However i cannot define that username in my webserver - i can only define action_admin as the username in the sql database with full permissions.

Could this error be because of this?

Thanks for your help...

EDIT - I will check the forum out for similar issues and update this post later.

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
Did you change your database settings in /application/config/database.php
for your new name?

InsiteFX

InsiteFX - Yes I think this is the problem... This file does not reflect the database details at all - refers to some other default database. I will update this immediately... Thanks so much InsiteFx... Appreciate your help.

EDIT - IT worked. I had to update the database.php file in the application/config folder with the new database name, username and password and it connected and all is working beautifully.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB