Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter Translations

A number of community members have asked about translations of the CodeIgniter system messages (system/language/english) into their own languages. We now have a mechanism to facilitate that.

We will host approved translations on our github account. The translation folder(s) inside one of these can then be copied to your application/language folder, without having to change the core framework.

I have started the ball rolling with a sample such translation, for Yodish. Yes, it is tongue in cheek, but it is only an example.

If you wish to propose/maintain an "approved" translation, send me an email. If we agree, then I will create a repository for you and make you the maintainer.

There is nothing to prevent any of you from creating your own translations, as part of a repository or not - the ones on bcit-ci are just the "approved" ones.
James Parry
Project Lead

(This post was last modified: 11-27-2014, 01:06 AM by sv3tli0.)

@jlp
1st of all GOOD ONE !
It's good to have this translation pack.

But I think that it will be better to have 1 single repo about those translations, because there are a lot of languages and there is no point to have so many repositories about the same thing.
1 repo to contribute (translate) for all languages.

P.S. Instead of multiple repositories we can have a different branches.. Smile
Best VPS Hosting : Digital Ocean

We discussed that in council, and concluded that separate repositories would have two main benefits:

1) make the translations easier to maintain - one primary person for each of them, rather than having an army of maintainers for a single repository.

2) the repositories can be individually brought in sync with new framework releases, rather than holding up a translations "package" for a small number of translations that were not complete.

We may have to revisit this, but it makes sense for now.

I anticipate a few dozen translations, for the most popular languages.
James Parry
Project Lead

Ok. 

Just I am not sure this is a correct usage of git repositories.

Good luck Smile
Best VPS Hosting : Digital Ocean

Hi @jlp
Let's think that there is around 200 countries around the world.
50% of them to have a translations = 100 languages.
Yes you can separate them but imagine if you want to change something in all repos and also integration of all of them in CI can be a problem.
But i think this idea is great, keep on Wink

I am heeding the community feedback, and have combined any translations into a simple repository: https://github.com/bcit-ci/codeigniter3-translations
James Parry
Project Lead

wow....
this is a great one
www.arthnugraha.com
Learning by doing

gonna help :p
TryHarding all Day....

I see that Portuguese is already done! Awesome Smile Nice work guys. Keep up.
Website: marcomonteiro.net  | Blog: blog.marcomonteiro.net | Twitter: @marcogmonteiro | TILThings: tilthings.com

i want translate to Vietnamese?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB