Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Whats happening with OBSession these days?

[eluser]johnwbaxter[/eluser]
On the creators website it says that he is not going to be on the codeigniter forums anymore and that he has a new version ready for that kohana thingy.

I'm sure i have seen posts from that bloke recently on these forums, so i wondered if as he hasn't forsaken us like he said, then perhaps he will release his next version for codeigniter? And if so, when?

[eluser]Derek Allard[/eluser]
I don't think he intends to work on OBsession for CI anymore. The one feature obsession offers not currently available is storing session data in the db, which I'm working on right now. Hold tight Wink

[eluser]Antivanity[/eluser]
I believe he moved on to another Frame work... which is SILLY!

[eluser]CI Lee[/eluser]
@Derek
Ok... its been like 9hrs... whats the hold up?

@Antivanity
Using all caps while spelling Silly is SILLY!

[eluser]CodeOfficer[/eluser]
*waits for official public update to CI*

*hopes Mr. R will give Mr. D some more help*

[eluser]johnwbaxter[/eluser]
Good to hear derek. As much as i like third party plugins, i prefer to have a clean CI install!

OK, by "right now" I didn't mean "at this moment", I mean "it'll be the next thing I tackle". Give me a few days at least here ok Wink

[eluser]jtotheb[/eluser]
No rush, i'm using obsession so i'm in no need.

Just out of curiosity, (and wildly off topic) are there any plans for ellislabs to introduce some form of forge for CI where ci 3PD devs can have their own svn space and stuff?

Personally i think it would encourage development and also mean people can get a better sense of how a project is going by being able to see last modified dates on files in svn.

Is the reason this has not been implemented because ellislabs have not built their own forge app? All the systems currently in use by CI are created by ellislabs i have noticed.

[eluser]Josh Giese[/eluser]
what is the status of added session DB support in CI? should I hold off, on using OB Session?

Hey Josh. Don't think we've chatted on these forums... welcome to CI! I've been running a bit hectic enhancing Active Record, the form helper, some security stuff and assorted other "stuff". As you may know, we're working on a new release of CI... it'll be a big one.

It is my sincerest hope to get full database sessions in there shortly, and frankly, I really want this, but as of now that hasn't been built. My suggestion, if you need database sessions at this time, is to go with an alternate library.

That said, it IS something I want to see by CI 1.5.5. Heck, check the svn and you'll see how busy we've been Wink

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB