Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Alternate mysql driver?

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Oops - I've solved this issue. For those who haven't seen this, MySQL 4x has short passwords compared with MySQL 5x. Because my clients are 5x, I needed to run the shorten script to convert my MySQL5 password to v4 mode.

Here's the script you run in MySQL

SET PASSWORD FOR
-> 'some_user'@'some_host' = OLD_PASSWORD('newpwd');

Ref this page for more - http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/old-client.html

Hope this helps someone's day!

- Dlinc

---------

ORIGINAL POST BELOW...

This should be no issue except I'm now mystified enough to ask you experts out there...

I'm a newbie CI developer (with a few years experience doing PHP/MySQL work under my belt tho) and am impressed with the environment.

Unfortunately when I try to connect to a Mysql 4.1.22 database I'm unable to do it using PHP4 ...

I connect no problems using PHP 5 but I'm taking on an existing project that runs on PHP4 only (lots of errors when the existing code runs using PHP 5). I've configed database.php as follows but still get 'Unable to connect to your database server using the provided settings.'

$db['default']['hostname'] = "localhost";
$db['default']['username'] = "focus";
$db['default']['password'] = "****";
$db['default']['database'] = "focus";
$db['default']['dbdriver'] = "mysql";
$db['default']['dbprefix'] = "";
$db['default']['active_r'] = TRUE;
$db['default']['pconnect'] = TRUE;
$db['default']['db_debug'] = TRUE;
$db['default']['cache_on'] = FALSE;
$db['default']['cachedir'] = "";

Is there a different mysql driver out there I can use that will get around this? (I'm running on Apache 2.2).

Thanks gurus for your help!

Dlinc

ps. Here's the error string in the log file - ERROR - 2007-10-31 09:35:27 --&gt; Severity: Warning --&gt; mysql_pconnect() [<a href='function.mysql-pconnect'>function.mysql-pconnect</a>]: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client C:\mydocs\consulting\FNF\tnt\system\database\drivers\mysql\mysql_driver.php 61

[eluser]SitesByJoe[/eluser]
No one ever solved this? Crap - having the same trouble right now!

[eluser]danmontgomery[/eluser]
... His solution is at the top of the post.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB