Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Uploading across subdomains

[eluser]BrandonDurham[/eluser]
I've got a CMS built at cms.website.com and was wondering if it's possible to use the file upload class to upload to www.website.com?

Thanks.

[eluser]gtech[/eluser]
Quote:I’ve got a CMS built at cms.website.com and was wondering if it’s possible to use the file upload class to upload to www.website.com?

I am not sure if I am interpreting your question correctly..

is your CI installation hosted at www.website.com or on cms.website.com?
where are you uploading the file from?

CI is installed at cms.website.com and I want to upload files to www.website.com.

[eluser]Sarfaraz Momin[/eluser]
Hi,

Don't you think that when you upload any file you have to place it in a folder on the server. And I belive your subdomain and domain both are hosted on the same server so it would be so easy for you to just place the file in a folder under your domain tree. Since its a CMS you must be placing some links in your DB to access that file so your frontend always know where to look for that file. Hope this makes sense.

Good Day !!!

[eluser]gtech[/eluser]
^ yep that makes sense, and I suppose if they are on different machines you could write the file to a network share or use the ftp functionality provided in the framework.

Wow. This was a stupid question. I completely forgot it's a server path and not a url.

Sorry.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB