Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI Forensics - A Profiler Debug Bar

(This post was last modified: 12-03-2014, 01:14 PM by kilishan.)

Modeled after the article about ParticleTree's Quick Profiler, this addon is a drop-in replacement for CodeIgniter's profiler that makes it a prettier feature, and an additional debugging Console. 

[Image: forensics.png]

Can be installed manually, or through a Composer require which will automatically install it into your third_party folder. 

More information can be found over at GitHub.

this is good
www.arthnugraha.com
Learning by doing

(12-04-2014, 10:50 PM)artha.nugraha Wrote: this is good

Thanks!

I wonder if there are plans for the native debug bar in CI 3 or future releases.
It would be awesome to have one like in Symfony's dev mode.
Less third parties I mean, more out of the box.

Does this work with Ajax calls?

(12-12-2014, 10:11 AM)albertleao Wrote: Does this work with Ajax calls?

Yes, you can use it with AJAX calls, though you have to wire it up yourself.

What I've done in the past is to create a div with a unique ID. Then on page load you can use javascript to detach the #codeigniter-profiler div and insert that into the new div you created. I can't find the exact javascript I used at the moment, but it's definitely possible.

(12-12-2014, 10:51 AM)kilishan Wrote:
(12-12-2014, 10:11 AM)albertleao Wrote: Does this work with Ajax calls?

Yes, you can use it with AJAX calls, though you have to wire it up yourself.

What I've done in the past is to create a div with a unique ID. Then on page load you can use javascript to detach the #codeigniter-profiler div and insert that into the new div you created. I can't find the exact javascript I used at the moment, but it's definitely possible.
Ahh that doesn't sound too difficult. If I do end up writing the JS for it, i'll be sure to post it here.

Great work.

That would be awesome. If you do, I'll add it to the project's readme also.

I had a little problem installing it manually on 3.0-dev without anything more. Transferred all the files into third_party/codeigniter-forensics, loaded up in the auto-loader, then enabled the profiler and it threw an error: "Unable to locate the model you have specified: Action".

Commented line 237 (libraries/Profiler.php) related to Eloquent and all's working fine now:
Code:
$this->CI->load->model('eloquent/assets/action');

There's also link underlining issue, though it's all about cosmetics (latest Chrome/Windows 8.1):
[Image: 98C1S289Q3.png]

Might be probably better to make the whole icon just a little bigger and with less padding from the bottom border.

P.S. Sorry, I'm a designer. But I'd like this product to be improve in a usability way. So I might PR something in the near future if you look through the pull.

(12-13-2014, 07:15 AM)vadimyer Wrote: P.S. Sorry, I'm a designer. But I'd like this product to be improve in a usability way. So I might PR something in the near future if you look through the pull.

Absolutely. I'm not a designer, so would be happy to look through a pull request. 

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB