Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Wordpress-like post short by date

Hello, im working on a new project and i want to make a blog. The main blog is pretty simple. Just pulling the posts from the database. However i would like to have a wordpress-like short by date system. I f you dont know how it looks like take a screenshot:

[Image: archives-page.png]

It shorts the posts by month and year. The posts table is already keeping the creation date so i just have to process them.
I could make a model which gets all the posts from a specific month/year but i dont know how to display them like above. Any suggestion?

(12-07-2014, 07:35 AM)FlevasGR Wrote: Hello, im working on a new project and i want to make a blog. The main blog is pretty simple. Just pulling the posts from the database. However i would like to have a wordpress-like short by date system. I f you dont know how it looks like take a screenshot:

[Image: archives-page.png]

It shorts the posts by month and year. The posts table is already keeping the creation date so i just have to process them.
I could make a model which gets all the posts from a specific month/year but i dont know how to display them like above. Any suggestion?

It seems that they are displayed in a bulleted list, of type ul (unordered list).

Is that what you were asking?

I'm asking how to short the posts by month.

You have to do this in your sql query by a order by clause over you date-field (date insert) witch must be a date datatype (date, datetime, timestamp).

PHP Code:
select [...] from table order by date_insert [asc|desc

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB