Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Nooby looking for a little advise

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hey all,

Well can't say I'm completely happy right now considering I just got reamed for "using the IRC channel wrong" >_>.
IDK

Anywho,
Hope you guys might be able to help me with something. I'm looking into what would be the best way to go about redoing my CMS. After being fed up with pretty much all the available CMS solutions out there, I thought I'd just go back to developing my own but using a good framework or something for security purposes and to decrease work load, hence why I'm hear now (yay lol).

Considering I'm modest at best in the web dev field, I'm still not entirely sure what is considered practical or standard practice. So when I started studying CI (which I'm liking more and more as I continue I should add) with some of the great available vids, I was revisited yet again by the reoccurring issue of security. The advantage I'm faced with is that these larger CMS's have worked out a lot of there security controls and around a team of developers; VS. something I'd create is prone to holes I alone would never think of (and probably even the simple ones).

So I'm considering options on how I want to administer my page and I'm wondering, would it be best to continue developing my own backend, look into someone else's backend with more options and try to expand on that, or some other option? That said, is there also other admins running with CI that you would recommend? I ran into Bonfire, but seeing as it's kind of young, I can't say I'm really comfortable with it yet.

Thanks guys, any help would be appreciated Big Grin

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB