Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Output buffer fatal error after compiling smarty

[eluser]Isos[/eluser]
Hi guys, I am new to CI and still running tests while learning. Since I am a smarty fan and the template engine CI uses didn't appeal to me, I decided to compile smarty, and good I found a re-compiled code [email=http://devcha.blogspot.com/2007/12/smarty-as-template-engine-in-code.html]here[/email] and it's working fine except that I get this error:

Code:
Fatal error: ob_start() [<a href='ref.outcontrol'>ref.outcontrol</a>]: Cannot use output buffering in output buffering display handlers in /var/www/UnderConstruction/cog-lebanon/kernel/libraries/Exceptions.php on line 160

It's really working fine. I have assigned all kinds of variables to the smarty, and using .html for the style files in /view/ and everything looks cool except that this buggy error appears at the bottom of the page.

Any idea why is that and how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance.

Isos

[eluser]Isos[/eluser]
Hey I figured out how to wipe this is by disabling $config['compress_output'] by changing it to FALSE. But why is that happening? Can't I find another way to get rid of this error without having to disable compression?

Thanks

[eluser]j_emerick[/eluser]
I am seeing the same error too on multiple sites. Funny thing is -- it came out of the blue -- was working prior and now the only way I can get anything to work is to disable the compression. Anyone have any suggestions?

-- I am not using Smarty BTW -- pretty plain vanilla CI 1.5.4, PHP 4.4.4

[eluser]laxkin[/eluser]
[quote author="j_emerick" date="1199915180"]I am seeing the same error too on multiple sites. Funny thing is -- it came out of the blue -- was working prior and now the only way I can get anything to work is to disable the compression. Anyone have any suggestions?

-- I am not using Smarty BTW -- pretty plain vanilla CI 1.5.4, PHP 4.4.4[/quote]

I had the same problem.

If you have direct output in the controllers (like echo "bla-bla-bla") try to replace it by $this->load->view('bla-view')

It helped me.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB