Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
No-CMS, A Free CodeIgniter based CMS to start your project

[eluser]goFrendiAsgard[/eluser]
Hi dudes,

I've make a CMS framework which is based on CodeIgniter and several plugins.
https://github.com/goFrendiAsgard/No-CMS

No-CMS is formerly Neo-CMS, but there is already another CMS with exact same name. So I change the name into No-CMS.

What is No-CMS?
No-CMS is a CMS-framework.

No-CMS is a basic CMS with some default features such as user authorization, menu, module and theme management. It is fully customizable and extensible, you can make your own module and your own themes. It provide freedom to make your very own CMS, which is not provided very well by any other CMS.

Who is it for?

No-CMS will be good for you if you say yes for majority of these statement:

You are a web developer who use CodeIgniter framework.
You are tired of building the same things such an authorization-authentication for every project.
You find that some part of your old project can be used for your next project.
You are happy with CodeIgniter but you think some plug-ins and features should be provided by default.
You want a simple and easy to learn framework that has 100% compatibility with CodeIgniter.
You don't want to learn too many new terms.
You are familiar with HMVC plugins, and you think it is one of "should be exists" feature in CodeIgniter.
You are in tight deadline, at least you need to provide the prototype to your client.

No-CMS as CMS

No-CMS is a good enough CMS. It is different from Wordpress, Drupal or Joomla. Those CMS are built by developers for users. No-CMS is built by developer for developers, although everyone else can still use it as well. The main purpose of this CMS is to provide a good start of web application project, especially for CodeIgniter developer.

No-CMS as Application development framework

No-CMS is not just another CMS. No-CMS allows you to make your own module and your own themes. This means that you (as developer) can make a module that can be used for several project.

No-CMS takes advantages of CodeIgniter as its core. It provides rich set of libraries for commonly needed task, as well as a simple interface and logical structure to access these libraries. The main advantage of CodeIgniter is you can creatively focus on your project by minimizing the amount of code needed or a given task.

No-CMS is also take advantages of several popular plugins such as :
-HMVC, to make fully modular separation
-Phil Sturgeon's Template, to make customizable themes
-groceryCRUD, to build CRUD application in a minute

Out of all, No-CMS also provide some common features:
-Authentication & Authorization by using group, privilege, and user management. Not like other CMS, there is no backend-frontend in No-CMS. You have freedom to choose how different groups of users can access pages and modules differently.
-Change Theme. You can change the theme easily.
-Install/Un-install Module You can install/un-install module easily.

In short, if you are familiar with CodeIgniter, No-CMS is a good kickstart to make your web application

I have new domain : http://www.getnocms.com/
And you can see the screenshoot here : http://www.getnocms.com/2012/02/no-cms-s...hoots.html

[eluser]S1NTEZ[/eluser]
does it work with sqlsrv or sqlite databases?

[quote author="S1NTEZ" date="1327264959"]does it work with sqlsrv or sqlite databases?[/quote]
Right now I don't have such a plan. The current No-CMS is only support MySQL.
I'll consider to support sqlite once the documentation finished.

[eluser]huy[/eluser]
good jobs!!! voted!
but, i want a CMS based code Igniter and some plugin such as:
-HMVC
-Phil Sturgeon’s Template
-Authentication

Important it must very simple, no ajax and no Import Modules..v..v.. we dont need :-??
I belive, in next version no-CMS will simplest. Smile so, thankyou very much for sharing :X

(sorry my bad EL)

[quote author="huy" date="1327419022"]good jobs!!! voted!
but, i want a CMS based code Igniter and some plugin such as:
-HMVC
-Phil Sturgeon’s Template
-Authentication

Important it must very simple, no ajax and no Import Modules..v..v.. we dont need :-??
I belive, in next version no-CMS will simplest. Smile so, thankyou very much for sharing :X

(sorry my bad EL)
[/quote]
Hi, @huy, thank you for your vote Big Grin
About "no ajax", I've deal with it for weeks, but if I don't use ajax for widget call, I should use curl, which is not always available in every web-server.

[eluser]Mr-H[/eluser]
thank you, nice one

I've add quick link feature. Now you can have your favorite page easily accessible. Here is the screenshoot:
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Q1HVY...No-CMS.png

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
nice!

[eluser]hayer[/eluser]
Well, been digging around in the source a bit.. but can't seem to figure this out;

1. How can I share models? Example: 3 controllers all need access to a "user"-model
2. Where/how can new members register?

[quote author="hayer" date="1328200834"]Well, been digging around in the source a bit.. but can't seem to figure this out;

1. How can I share models? Example: 3 controllers all need access to a "user"-model
2. Where/how can new members register?[/quote]

Hi, hayer

1. You can share models just as if you use HMVC. Please take a look at how I call model from different module in tugas_ai module.
Code:
$this->load->model('artificial_intelligence/ai_nnga');
In my tugas_ai controller I load ai_nnga model from artificial_intelligence module.

If that simple step doesn't work for you, you may probably want to use library instead of model. But if you think model is better, I think you should use this approach (which is also used by Ben Edmunds in ion_auth) :
In your modules/your_module_directory/libraries
make a new library (modules/your_module_directory/libraries/your_library), and add __call function
Code:
public function __call($method, $arguments)
{
  $this->ci =& get_instance();
                $this->ci->load->model('your_model');
                if (!method_exists( $this->ci->your_model, $method) )
  {
   throw new Exception('Undefined method your_model::' . $method . '() called');
  }

return call_user_func_array( array($this->ci->your_model, $method), $arguments);
}

You can then access every function inside your model by using this library. If you want to load the library from other module you can use
Code:
$this->load->library('your_module_directory/your_library');

Let me know if you have problem following those steps.

2. It is a bit odd for me if you can't find register link, just to confirm, can you open this link :
Code:
localhost/No-CMS/index.php/main/register
Is there no "Register" link in the left panel? what version do you use?

However, thank you for your response. It is important for me to know that someone there use my code Big Grin

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB