Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Tutorial - Static Pages

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi, I just installed CI. Although I initially had it above my web root, I moved it inside until I get the hang of it. I'm running a mac osX, no MAMP or anything. Trying to get it to work on localhost. The 'static pages' tutorial works fine for me, until 'Router: the controller is now functioning!', where it isn't. I notice that both: http://ellislab.com/codeigniter/user-gui...pages.html
and my
localhost/ci/user_guide/tutorial/static_pages.html
don't have the 'APPPATH' correction suggested here. Also, making the suggested change doesn't fix it for me.
OK, after going through the instructions again carefully, I noticed I had 'page.php', instead of 'pages.php'. Also I'd forgotten the 'index.php' in my URL. Now it works--with or without the APPPATH modification :-) woooopeeee! I do have the flu, so have an excuse for being a dope Sick

[eluser]senli[/eluser]
Thank you very much for your solution!!

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
[quote author="Phil Sturgeon" date="1327535723"]And it has been merged! Thanks for the fix guys.[/quote]

Hi guys, I've just downloaded Codeigniter with BitNami Wamp Stack, and the tutorial still fails, if I follow it strictly.

Using the APPPATH definition works, but after reading this thread, I couldn't get if it's the tutorial content that needs updating to include APPPATH or if it's the source Codeigniter code that needs changing. Which one is it?

Many thanks in advance,
Dinis

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I was able to use APPPATH on my bitnami stack for codeigniter.

I think we may assume that the codeigniter docs are valid, unless we run into somethgin that isnt so.

I do wish we could find a step by step for bitnami / codeigniter
Im taking notes as I go, so hope to post something once I can make it through...

Im stuck now trying to get away from using index.php...

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB