Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Codeigniter Reports Module Development

[eluser]Chathuranga Tennakoon[/eluser]
Hi All,

i would like to spend my time on investigating and developing a reporting module (e.g:- PDF, CSV, XLS, DOC etc...) for the Codeigniter application framework. then it will be easy to produce reports for your application through the Codeigniter framework itself without depending on other third part modules and libraries. i would like to know all of your experiences and ideas on developing such reporting module. all of your comments, feedbacks, ideas and contributions towards this highly appreciated.

[eluser]Kobus M[/eluser]
I have attempted a make-shift module like that, and it works for my purposes but is not production ready.

I am integrating domPDF as well as FusionCharts in it, and using csv_helper found somewhere here on the forum.

Mine is simply working by extracting data from the database, and then present it in tabular, PDF and graph formats where applicable.

Hope this helps.

Kobus

[quote author="Kobus M" date="1330938217"]I have attempted a make-shift module like that, and it works for my purposes but is not production ready.

I am integrating domPDF as well as FusionCharts in it, and using csv_helper found somewhere here on the forum.

Mine is simply working by extracting data from the database, and then present it in tabular, PDF and graph formats where applicable.

Hope this helps.

Kobus
[/quote]

thanks for your information and hope this will help for me

[eluser]Pschilly[/eluser]
This would be an extremely useful addon. I don't think there is another like this out there just yet. Best of luck - I'll be keeping an eye on this for sure!

[quote author="Pschilly" date="1330971997"]This would be an extremely useful addon. I don't think there is another like this out there just yet. Best of luck - I'll be keeping an eye on this for sure![/quote]

yes Pschilly. i am currently thinking and better architectural way of implementing the reporting module. i need to make sure that my module can be added to the existing Codeigniter framework with less effort and minimal configuration.

hi All,

i am currently working on a solution to make use of the jasper report as a reporting mechanism for the codeigniter framework.here i am using a php-java bridge(available in the sourforge.net)for compiling jasper report template with java.
any comments on this?

[eluser]Pschilly[/eluser]
I have never personally used that reporting system before. I presume that its simple to use yes?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB