Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Facebook and Standard Codeigniter Login

[eluser]Keylocker[/eluser]
Here's the deal:
I have my CI 2 application that has its user table with pretty much standard data:
Code:
user_id
fb_uid (Facebook User ID)
fb_username (Facebook user name i.e. http://facebook.com/username)
first_name
last_name
password

As you can see, a user can login with the standard login form (email/password) or connecting with Facebook.

My problem is that,
1) If a user has got a standard account on the site and the next time he logins with Facebook, I need to complete his information adding
Code:
fb_uid
and
Code:
fb_username
to his row in the user table.

2) If a user arrives to the site for the first time and logins with Facebook, I need to add his Facebook information to the table and take him to a page that allows him to set his password.

How could I do that avoiding duplicates? I mean.. preventing a user to have two table rows (one with user_id, first_name, email, etc) and another row just with Facebook information?

I know this is really poorly explained so please don't refrain to ask questions.
Thanks.
Mike

[eluser]boltsabre[/eluser]
http://developers.facebook.com/docs/user...ion/flows/

Awesome. I'll have a look!

[eluser]boltsabre[/eluser]
no worries!

If you're interested there is also a CI library/module called a3m (marshmallow for CI2) which helps to integrate FB, Twitter, Google, Yahoo and OpenID login/registration. It takes a bit of hacking and research to suit your needs, but I got mine up and going in about 3 weeks (that's pt though, so perhaps 4 - 5 full 8hr days it took me).

[eluser]Demilium[/eluser]
What I did, was request the users email as a permission when they're logging in with the Facebook SDK. Then I checked to see if the user had already registered by checking the Facebook e-mail against the rows in the database -- and if so update the row with the fb_uid, etc. Also, I stored the access_token (but an extended one, since the 'offline_access' permission has been depreciated).

Hope this helps.

Yes that might work but only if your email is the same that you used to register to Facebook

[eluser]Demilium[/eluser]
It's the only feasible way I can see to be honest.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB