Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI's next release estimate? / CI Praise

[eluser]Lone[/eluser]
[quote author="Derek Allard" date="1200082936"]
I'd love to hear thoughts on ways we could highlight it more.[/quote]

Maybe to have an actual Download page on the main website which has a choice of two downloads: Current Stable Release, and Beta Release?

Seen this done on quite a few sites before - I guess the main disadvantage is that you will need to manually (or setup some script) make a zip file of the current SVN?

[eluser]Vik[/eluser]
I'm working on learning Subversion, and I've downloaded SVNX. I see Derek's article says:

Quote:Now create a folder on your computer somewhere, and rightclick to set up a new repository. As your destination, choose “http://dev.ellislab.com/svn/CodeIgniter/trunk” which is where we keep our stuff. Now your goto command is “update” and “show log”. Update gets you the latest files, and “log” let’s you see what changed. Here’s an example of the log file from today.

Where do I find the "update" and "show log" commands? I don't see them in the SVNX menus.

Thanks in advance to all for any info.

[eluser]John_Betong[/eluser]
[quote author="Lone" date="1200230524"][quote author="Derek Allard" date="1200082936"]
I'd love to hear thoughts on ways we could highlight it more.[/quote]

Maybe to have an actual Download page on the main website which has a choice of two downloads: Current Stable Release, and Beta Release?

Seen this done on quite a few sites before - I guess the main disadvantage is that you will need to manually (or setup some script) make a zip file of the current SVN?[/quote]

Hi Lone,

I reckon a zipped Beta Release is a wonderful idea and will significantly increase testers.

If anyone already has a zipped file then maybe it could be uploaded to a Debug section on the Wiki?

Cheers,

John_Betong

[eluser]Lone[/eluser]
I would do it, but would prefer to see what Derek/EllisLabs has to say about it first in case of distrubution issues with it being in there.

If you are having problems getting the complete SVN release just email me (lee at haskings.com) and I will zip it up for you. But that Tortoise SVN program is quite easy to setup.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB