Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Some sort of ascii values inbetween added views

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I have noticed when adding multiple views together inbetween each one I get the characters, '' <-- which didn't show up cause they probably looked hostile, but see below:

The following is output from firephp:

Code:
&lt;html&gt;
&lt;head&gt;&lt;/head
&lt;body&gt;

&lt;meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type"&gt;
&lt;title&gt;index&lt;/title&gt;
&lt;base href="http://localhost/site_name/"&gt;
&lt;style type="text/css"&gt;
<div id="container">
<div id="banner">

<div id="highlight_runner">
<div id="left_column">

<div id="footer">Content for id "footer" Goes Here</div>
</div>
&lt;/body&gt;
&lt;/html&gt;

I have done my best to makes sure the everything is set to UTF-8 (that seemed to be a culprit for much of the spurious chars) but no dice.

Wouldn't bother me but the chars seem to put breaks in, so content is moved down and looks like crap.

Have also noticed that (possibly different issue possible related) for some weird reason the &lt;head&gt; tag is showing closed, and all the stuff that is supposed to be inside it isn't, and there is a cheeky &lt;body&gt; tag prior to the meta tag... weird stuff.

Guessing it is a 'I stuffed something up' problem rather than codeigniter (or firephp tells lies).

Any ideas?

[eluser]PhilTem[/eluser]
Forget what I had written initially, but: I cannot help you with just seeing your created code. I personally think, the cause of your problem is either in the controller where you load the views or in the views itself, since CI doesn't add anything to your code unless you tell it to Wink

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
Your editor is saving your files with the BOM you need to turn it off and save your files without the BOM.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
You are a guru. That worked perfectly. UE was doing some stuff under the radar.

Cheers.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB