Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Your system folder path does not appear to be set correctly. Please open the following file and correct this: index.php

[eluser]jmanpa[/eluser]
I have two environments, dev and prod. Both have been running unmodified for months and I just headed over to the dev url to try a new bug fix and got this:

Quote:Your system folder path does not appear to be set correctly. Please open the following file and correct this: index.php

Both dev and prod have the same /system directory ownership root:root and permissions is 755. They've been set this way since 12/11, untouched.

For some reason, prod doesn't run into this issue even though the codebase is 100% the same.

I commented out the is_dir() check in dev/index.php for fun and then it fails on testing the application directory.

The one thing that has recently happened is Amazon updated PHP to 5.3.3. I assume Amazon did it because I surely didn't.

I created a test script to isolate the problem?

Code:
<?php

print is_dir('/var/www/html/development/').'<br />';
print is_dir('/var/www/html/development/system/').'<br />';
print is_dir('/var/www/html/development/application/').'<br />';
print get_current_user();

?&gt;

When run, only the first one printed a 1.

Why might is_dir() be failing on system and application, even though they have the same ownership and permission settings as it's parent?

[eluser]jmanpa[/eluser]
Figured it out, sort-of.

I tar'd up the entire directory and deleted it and untar'd it. All works now. Looks like filesystem corruption, which scares me a bit. Haven't encountered that before.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB