Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI Success over other frameworks

[eluser]adamp1[/eluser]
Not really a big issue but its good for the future. When you do a search on google for 'php framework' Code Igniter is second in the list, even above Zend. Only CakePHP is above it.

Hopefully more will see the advantage of CI. More support for such a great framework

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
I see you were on .co.uk - .com has CI at #2 for both php framework and "php framework"

Good news for us!

Other relevant terms:
open source php framework: Google: #3, Yahoo: #1, MSN: #1
"open source php framework": Google: #2, Yahoo: #1, MSN: Not on first
open source php application: Google: #1, Yahoo: #1, MSN: #3
"open source php application": Google: No first page, Yahoo: #1, MSN: Not on first
php application framework: Google: #4, Yahoo: #3, MSN: #4
"php application framework": Google: #2, Yahoo: #2, MSN: Not on first
open source php application framework: Google: #2/3 (#2 is a sub-of #1), Yahoo: #1, MSN: #2
"open source php application framework": Google: Not on first page, Yahoo: #1, MSN: Not on first

[eluser]Developer13[/eluser]
I'm telling you guys and gals... World Domination... it's coming...

[eluser]Edemilson Lima[/eluser]
<Brain> We will dominate the world, Pink! :coolsmirk:

<Sherlock> Natural Selection, my dear Watson. Darwin explain.

[eluser]dawnerd[/eluser]
The reason it ranks so highly is because it is simply the best. For the longest time I thought PHP frameworks all sucked, were badly written etc. Then I found CI....

My life has changed. And I'm making more money now because I have more time for more projects. Thanks you guys!

[eluser]Developer13[/eluser]
[quote author="dawnerd" date="1201226943"]The reason it ranks so highly is because it is simply the best. For the longest time I thought PHP frameworks all sucked, were badly written etc. Then I found CI....

My life has changed. And I'm making more money now because I have more time for more projects. Thanks you guys![/quote]

That SO sounds like infomercial material! :lol:

But it sounds like you and I are in the same boat - I TOTALLY agree with you.

[eluser]Michael Wales[/eluser]
Heh, we should make a video of someone trying to write an application the "old way." Have them go through the most long-drawn out method of creating a new .php file, open that file the longest most drawn out way possible, then have them attempt to write code on a keyboard that is upside down with all they keys blacked out.

Then have another clip with someone just coding in CI.

That would be a great infomercial spoof for CI Smile

I love how they are always like, "it's so hard to cut straight with normal scissors!" [cut to a turrette's patient whose face looks like a dump truck]. "But with EZ-Slice you can cut straight edges everytime!" [cut to beautiful blonde with big firm breasts running through a field of green glass with fairies, cutting a perfectly straight line blindfolded].

[eluser]wiredesignz[/eluser]
Quote: cut to beautiful blonde with big firm breasts running through a field of green glass with fairies, cutting a perfectly straight line blindfolded.

Where's the Ad, I want to see the Ad. Tongue

You're in big trouble if that was purely metaphorical Micheal. Wink

[eluser]dawnerd[/eluser]
Oh no, he's not kidding!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB