Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Session Table Problem - Windows 8?

[eluser]ByteImpact[/eluser]
I am having problem with CI session library. My website is working fine all the browsers of windows 7 but for some unknown reason the shopping cart and the login is not working on windows 8.

I have configured the ci_session with the database. When ever i login or add something to the shopping cart from windows 7 a single entry is made in the ci_session database but for some unknown reason whenever i try to login or use shopping cart two or at times three entries are made in the ci_session DB, with one containing valid data the rest containing no user data. As you can see in the file attached.

I am guessing for this reason i am unable to login. if i dont use the database with session then everything works normally.

Kindly help!

[eluser]InsiteFX[/eluser]
Code:
// Windows doe's not like an underscrore in the cookie name, it converts it to a hex code which will not work.
$config['sess_cookie_name'] = 'cisession';

thankyou for your prompt reply but the session value still duplicates

for some unknown reason a new session id automatically given by the codeignitor for every page request and this probably is the main reason for the problem.

The problem is seems to occur on windows 8 with antivirus AVG, works fine on win7

Kindly help, stuck with the issue for the past two days

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB