Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
URGENT: Help needed modifying homepage for client

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I am working on an SEO project for a client and need to make on-page modifciations to his website (which is running Code Igniter in Godaddy). However his developer has falllen off the face of the world, and I have no idea how to use Code Igniter..

I am seeing his Applications Folder > Views > and all the internal pages. However i have no idea how to make changes to his home page content. I have checked his config.php file and it appears to be referecing a databae that does't exist, there are multiple index.html files in every directory all point to ERROR 403 DIRECT NOT FOUND, I am beyond frustrated right now and could use help or would just like to hire someone to fix this issue for me so we can move forward with his campaign.

Thanks a lot in advance!

[eluser]jonez[/eluser]
Without seeing the files/structure it's hard to say. My suggestion is to find a unique word on the page you want to edit, and do a file search to find the file with that word in it. It is probably in application/views (unless he's running content from a database). Try to find the file, change a word, refresh the page and see if it changes. If it does you know you have the right file.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
[quote author="jonez" date="1384611860"]Without seeing the files/structure it's hard to say. My suggestion is to find a unique word on the page you want to edit, and do a file search to find the file with that word in it. It is probably in application/views (unless he's running content from a database). Try to find the file, change a word, refresh the page and see if it changes. If it does you know you have the right file.[/quote]

Are you available to help direct with this issue? Can pay with Paypal upfront, just need it resolved now. My email is [email protected] if you are interested.

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
If you open
application/config/routes.php
You will find a setting for
Code:
$route['default_controller'] = "home";

In my case, it's the "home" controller.
Then go to
/application/controllers/home.php

and look at the index method. That should be what's loading the homepage. Any views referenced in there, which make the HTML for the homepage, should be located in /application/views. Just look for the filenames with a ".php" extension. Like if you see something like:
Code:
$this->load->view('my_view')
this would correspond to a file in /application/views/my_view.php.
If it's something like
Code:
$this->load->view('something/my_view')
Then it would be located in a subdirectory, like
/application/views/something/my_view.php

The reason why there is an index.html in each directory is to prevent people from directly accessing the raw directories via the URL. They are protected via htaccess already, but the index.html files are there in case something goes wrong with the server you still couldn't directly browse the controllers/models/etc directories from the url.

[eluser]Flemming[/eluser]
I'm curious to know whether you got this resolved mrgoodcat2012? Hope so! :-)

[eluser]noideawhattotypehere[/eluser]
If you still need help with that project pm me, we can sort something out I'm sure.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB