Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
From Codeigniter to mobile app development

[eluser]Dandy_andy[/eluser]
I have been using Codeigniter now for a couple of years and I absolutely love it. I had no PHP experience beforehand and it didn’t take me long to get to grips with it. Since then, I have designed and developed several social networking type websites with all sorts of functionality. Coupled with the usual suspects like JQuery, MySQL, HTML5 etc. Codeigniter has made my job pretty effortless and I commend all the people who have worked on developing such a light weight and easy to use framework which has (in my opinion) one of the most well organised help libraries out of any application I have used.

I am now researching into Android, IOS and Windows app development and it’s giving me a headache. I am a web developer and struggling to understand how I can develop complex apps for my websites. I have several websites that I want to create apps for but have no idea where to start. For example, is it possible to utilise some of the PHP classes/methods in my app development? Do I need a particular complier? What do I need to install on my web-server? Can I utilise any of the Codeigniter libraries?

I am hoping that the remarkable developers at EllisLab might in time create something that can help people like me who want to continue using Codeigniter from website to mobile app development. I have been looking into Zend Server and Zend Studio, but the information that I have been bombarded with is just not going in. Can anyone suggest what my next move is?

[eluser]ivantcholakov[/eluser]
Here you are some phrases for helping your research:

"api driven website"
"api driven development"

Edit:

"api centric web application" - https://cdn.tutsplus.com/net/uploads/leg...entric.png

http://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/creat...-net-23417

Edit 2:

Yet another phrase: "RESTfull services"
There is a REST library for CodeIgniter, also you may find a framework-agnostic package.

[eluser]albertleao[/eluser]
Your backgrounds sounds similar to mine. I created an app from scratch not knowing anything about coding about 2 years ago.

It's backend is 100% codeigniter and I have an app in the android app store. I used phonegap for my apps and it has made it super easy. My entire application runs on Amazon web services.

If you have access to an android you can see my app: homesync by homesync llc

www.homesync.com

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB