--users_model.php
--views
--v1
--home.php
--users.php
--v2
--home.php
--users.php

The issue that I am trying to resolve is how to do i have to versions of the code live at the same time without changing the url

this is my current routes file

$route['default_controller'] = "v1/home";
$route['v1/(:any)'] = "v1/$1";
$route['(:any)'] = "v2/$1";
$route['404_override'] = '';

this is my current .htaccess file

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^v1/(.*)$ $1
RewriteRule ^v2/(.*)$ $1
#RewriteRule ^v1/(.*)$ /$1 [L,R=301,QSA]
#RewriteRule ^v2/(.*)$ /$1 [L,R=301,QSA]
RewriteCond $1 !^(index\.php|public|user_guide|robots\.txt)
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /index.php?/$1 [L]

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
Why would you want to do that? Just use git and create a new branch for v2 or something.

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I want to access both the code versions e.g. /v1/users/get_users -> /users/get_users (Read and process data from v1) /v2/users/get_users -> /users/get_users (Read and process data from v2) I dont want the url's to reflect the version id but want the routes to determine which version it is and appropriately process the business logic based on the version

[eluser]CroNiX[/eluser]
[quote author="shethvarun" date="1411501144"]I dont want the url's to reflect the version id but want the routes to determine which version it is and appropriately process the business logic based on the version[/quote]
But routes determine where to send the request based on the current url, so it would have to be in the url wouldn't it?

You could always use a query string, ?v=1/?v=2, and have the models/controllers load the appropriate versioned code. Or a dropdown in a menu that appears on every page, which sets a session variable or something.

Personally I would have just created a separate project on it's own vhost, so you could go to http://project1.dev or http://project2.dev because you're going to have a bunch of temporary code now that you're going to have to add and then remove when you're done doing it this way.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB