Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI New Owner ( British Columbia Institute of Technology )

[eluser]rufnex[/eluser]
Let us wait for a statement from BCIT. Hopefully not next year ... Wink

[eluser]stevezissou[/eluser]
From the press release:

Quote:CodeIgniter will be a hub that BCIT students can gain real-world knowledge and experience around.

I hope this is a joke. The last thing anyone needs is for CI to turn into some kind of playground to give BCIT students "real-world knowledge and experience".

[eluser]albertleao[/eluser]
[quote author="stevezissou" date="1412867485"]From the press release:

Quote:CodeIgniter will be a hub that BCIT students can gain real-world knowledge and experience around.

I hope this is a joke. The last thing anyone needs is for CI to turn into some kind of playground to give BCIT students "real-world knowledge and experience".[/quote]

This is exactly what I'm afraid of.

[eluser]Alucemet[/eluser]
I believe CI may have just went from a low priority at Ellislab to an even lower priority at BCIT. Schools are places where things are done by semester, huge gaps of time exist between semesters, and teachers/students come and go. If BCIT was as excited about acquiring CI as you'd want them to be, they'd at least have some sort of announcement on their website. I hope I'm wrong.

So will BCIT have a forum for us? Will they have any plans to change CodeIgniter minimally or substantially? The current state of CodeIgniter, combined with all the "what ifs" doesn't make me feel any better about its future. I was hoping for a new owner that was super excited, and would have came in to the forum and at least said hello. Did I miss it?

[eluser]startbbs[/eluser]
waiting for Ci3.0 version.

[eluser]rufnex[/eluser]
[quote author="Alucemet" date="1412969468"]... I was hoping for a new owner that was super excited, and would have came in to the forum and at least said hello. Did I miss it?[/quote]

You are absolutly right .. i hope things will be done faster . so no one cares about this post from Ellis etc. ;(

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB