Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How to use SOAP / HTTP POST to authenticate user in CI?
Sad 

Hello,

I am creating a web application using CI for the first time. Also, I've never worked with web services before. I have a read about that in the last days but I still can't make it work according to my need.

I have access to a page like that: http://www.w3schools.com/webservices/tem...tToCelsius but for authenticating employees at my company.
I need to verify their credentials and load a new page based on their rights to access the system.

The only that I did so far was to generate an xml file using the method "POST" through the sign in HTML form. I don't know what to after that.

I installed nuSoap library but every tutorial that I try to follow doesn't seem to be related to what I need.
I can't find good documentation that helps use the classes built in into nuSoap and I can't find good examples of authentication pages using webservices developed in codeIgniter.

Do I need to create a SOAP server/client?

I am completely lost to be honest.

Thank you.

Is this from a remote site? If the user is on YOUR website and needs to be authenticated, why not just create accounts for them and have them log in before they can see the data? Like how you have to log into this form before you can edit your user profile or post messages?

I'm just not clear on the need to use SOAP services for this based on your description. Sounds like you just need a regular login system?

(06-11-2015, 10:25 AM)CroNiX Wrote: Is this from a remote site? If the user is on YOUR website and needs to be authenticated, why not just create accounts for them and have them log in before they can see the data? Like how you have to log into this form before you can edit your user profile or post messages?

I'm just not clear on the need to use SOAP services for this based on your description. Sounds like you just need a regular login system?

It is a remote site. Since I can't have direct access to the company's users database. They provide a SOAP page like the example that I attached here so we can use in developed apps.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB