Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Getting Postgres related error - not using Postgres

Using Codeigniter 3.0, when my application starts up, I get the following error:

Severity: Core Warning

Message: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/modules/pgsql.so' - /usr/lib64/php/modules/pgsql.so: undefined symbol: lo_import_with_oid

Filename: Unknown

Line Number: 0

Backtrace:

I am not using Postgres in any of my routines, and the server I am on does not have postgres installed. Is there a line in any of the Codeigniter system files that I can delete to get rid of this Postgres reference.

Since this is a PHP Startup error, it happens before CodeIgniter is loaded. You probably need to look through your php.ini and comment out the line that is trying to load pgsql.so.

(08-26-2015, 06:50 AM)mwhitney Wrote: Since this is a PHP Startup error, it happens before CodeIgniter is loaded. You probably need to look through your php.ini and comment out the line that is trying to load pgsql.so.

OK, that sounds sensible, but let me throw two new things into the mix:
1. I don't have access to php.ini this is a cloud server on Rackspace.
2. The problem is intermittent. Today I do not get the error on Firefox or Chrome but I get it in IE. Yesterday morningĀ I was not getting the error on Chrome, but I was getting it on Firefox. Then later yesterday, I was getting the error on Chrome and Firefox.

I am at my wits end. I could try an all new installation with CodeIgniter 2.x. I currently have an application running using CodeIgniter 2.x without this error message.

CI cannot produce that error. As stated, that is a PHP startup error which occurs just before a php script is even accessed. Contact rackspace for assistance on the intermittent issue with their servers php.ini settings/missing modules.

More than likely it has something to do with a mis-configuration of one of the servers in their "cloud", which is the only reason it would be an intermittent problem. The browser should have nothing to do with it unless they are routing traffic to specific servers based on browser identification.

Thanks all for the specific feedback. It was indeed a configuration issue within the rackspace cloud. Not so much an error, but an incompatibility with the accounts we had set up and the corresponding databases.

Thanks!

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB