Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Browser displays '$system_path = ../system; $application_folder = ../application'
Tongue 

Hello,
My project works before in Ubuntu, but recently I moved it to Mac. After configuring Apache, the website finally doesn't give any errors. But the browser only displays:

Code:
$system_path = '../system'; $application_folder = '../application';

No matter what parameters I append the url, it gives the same result like above. When I installed CodeIgniter in Ubuntu, I got the same problem, eventually I solved it, but I forgot how to solve it. Please help me.

The ../ means that the system and application folders are in the root of the server.

system
application
public_html
-- index.php

Like so.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(09-26-2015, 06:47 PM)InsiteFX Wrote: The ../ means that the system and application folders are in the root of the server.

system
application
public_html
-- index.php

Like so.

Yes, it is. But it worked before like this. How can I solve this issue? Thanks

Sounds like you may need to setup path variables in your environment to point to where your folders are,
I' am on Windows not a Mac but that's what I had to do.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(This post was last modified: 09-29-2015, 04:38 AM by zkw1022.)

(09-29-2015, 04:18 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: Sounds like you may need to setup path variables in your environment to point to where your folders are,
I' am on Windows not a Mac but that's what I had to do.

I moved the main index.php into the folder public, and make the public folder as web root, then application and system folders are above the web root, now it works. Thanks for your help.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB