Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
MariaDB upgrade issue

I recently upgraded the mysql database on a perfectly functioning codeigniter 3 web app to MariaDB. Now I am unable to get it working because it is not connecting to the database.

Code:
A Database Error Occurred

Unable to connect to your database server using the provided settings.
Filename: core/CodeIgniter.php
Line Number: 500

My dbdriver is set to 'mysqli'. I tried setting it to 'mysql' but I got different error.
Is is possible to have these both working together?

Yes, its probably possible to have both working together with seperate database configuration option in config/database.php. However you might need the MariaDB driver
TastyIgniter - Open Source Restaurant Ordering and Management System

Thank you for the info sampoyigi!

I solved this issue. It was a compatibility issue with EasyApache 4 on Cpanel/WHM. When I upgraded to MariaDB and activated EasyApache 4 on Cpanel/WHM the sites were no longer able to connect to the database. Once I reverted back to EasyApache 3. and reinstalled MariaDB, everything started working again.

(10-04-2015, 05:19 AM)sampoyigi Wrote: Yes, its probably possible to have both working together with seperate database configuration option in config/database.php. However you might need the MariaDB driver

There is no MariaDB driver ... I know it sounds logical to you that one may exist, but you don't know that and you're making it up; confusing people with that.

(This post was last modified: 10-05-2015, 03:01 AM by sampoyigi.)

(10-05-2015, 01:37 AM)Narf Wrote:
(10-04-2015, 05:19 AM)sampoyigi Wrote: Yes, its probably possible to have both working together with seperate database configuration option in config/database.php. However you might need the MariaDB driver

There is no MariaDB driver ... I know it sounds logical to you that one may exist, but you don't know that and you're making it up; confusing people with that.

It does sound logical... However, I should have looked it up before suggesting. Just trying to help Smile

So just to clarify, since the MariaDB is a fork of MySQL, it uses the mysqli driver instead?
TastyIgniter - Open Source Restaurant Ordering and Management System

(10-05-2015, 02:59 AM)sampoyigi Wrote:
(10-05-2015, 01:37 AM)Narf Wrote:

It does sound logical... However, I should have looked it up before suggesting. Just trying to help Smile

So just to clarify, since the MariaDB is a fork of MySQL, it uses the mysqli driver instead?

Yes.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB