when hostting's session.save_path is empty
error

But I don't want to configure
"sess_save_path"

Too many files
Difficult to have management
Space is more and more big

Then use the session database.
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

I would recommend you to use memcache as a session handler. Its fast, reliable and pretty easy to use. Once you install it you dont need any aditional configuration and it doubles as a caching system.

(11-14-2015, 05:25 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: Then use the session database.

too many records,
I have no time to delete and manage

(11-14-2015, 08:40 AM)FlevasGR Wrote: I would recommend you to use memcache as a session handler. Its fast, reliable and pretty easy to use. Once you install it you dont need any aditional configuration and it doubles as a caching system.

But I am using a virtual host

(11-14-2015, 10:19 PM)sheng Wrote:
(11-14-2015, 05:25 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: Then use the session database.

too many records,
I have no time to delete and manage

PHP should automatically cleanup old sessions (regardless of which driver you use) based on the settings session.gc_probability, session.gc_divisor, and session.gc_maxlifetime, usually set in php.ini (but it can be set elsewhere, if needed).

Some Linux installations (especially Debian-based distributions like Ubuntu) set these variables so the built-in garbage collector won't run, then add their own cron job to do it every 30 minutes or so. The only problem with that is that you probably aren't using the default location for session data, so you would have to either change the settings or create your own cron job to perform the garbage collection.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB