Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Session not stored (memcached)

Hi!

I have a problem with reading the data from session (using memcached). So I am developing a chrome app which is created with pure HTML + JS (AngularJS). This app is sending the requests to the backend (PHP CI 3), for specific tasks (login, register, logout, ...). Maybe worth of mention is that I am using the Async chrome.storage to save some data directly on client. Everything works fine while using the Chrome app.
Because I want to run that app also on Android, I need to replace this chrome.storage with synchronous window.localStorage which can be used in every webpage. So that is the only difference between them.
So if I want to test this app/webpage with window.localStorage I need to run it like a normal page obviously, and not like the Chrome app. So I am running this with "grunt serve" method which creates some server that is running that page on http://localhost:9000/#. So If I send the request to the server now from that webpage, the session is stored and read properly at the first request. But when I send the second request, the session is lost.

Do anyone have a clue what can be wrong here? Or at least how can I debug this memcached session data?

Thank you very much in advance!

Are you sure the problem is memcached? This type of problem occurs a lot with third-party cookie sessions. Something similar might be occurring with your app. Let us know how you eventually resolve this issue?

(02-23-2016, 07:45 AM)sasos90 Wrote: Hi!

I have a problem with reading the data from session (using memcached). So I am developing a chrome app which is created with pure HTML + JS (AngularJS). This app is sending the requests to the backend (PHP CI 3), for specific tasks (login, register, logout, ...). Maybe worth of mention is that I am using the Async chrome.storage to save some data directly on client. Everything works fine while using the Chrome app.
Because I want to run that app also on Android, I need to replace this chrome.storage with synchronous window.localStorage which can be used in every webpage. So that is the only difference between them.
So if I want to test this app/webpage with window.localStorage I need to run it like a normal page obviously, and not like the Chrome app. So I am running this with "grunt serve" method which creates some server that is running that page on http://localhost:9000/#. So If I send the request to the server now from that webpage, the session is stored and read properly at the first request. But when I send the second request, the session is lost.

Do anyone have a clue what can be wrong here? Or at least how can I debug this memcached session data?

Thank you very much in advance!

Actually it isn't working also with normal PHP session not only memcached, so no, memcached is not the problem obviously.
The thing is, i tried to make the request with POSTman app with chrome, and the session is normally stored. Only for my specific client which I also tried to run with NGINX (The same NGINX configuration works for some other clients).
Of course I will let you know about solution, but I have a feeling that it is not going to that way for now.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB