Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CodeIgniter 3.0.6 Released

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2016, 12:00 PM by Narf. Edit Reason: Put emphasis on the importance of this release )

CodeIgniter 3.0.6 was released today, with some bug fixes and a minor feature.

Most importantly - it fixes a critical bug where a manually-crafted input could bypass Form Validation rules, so if you're using the Form Validation library, please update your application ASAP!

This is recommended for all users of version 3. Download v3.0.6 now, and we encourage you to read the changelog, and to check the directions for upgrading from a previous version.

Bug fixes address the Form Validation, Session and Migration libraries.
The minor feature is an enhancement to the Cache library.
James Parry
Project Lead

Thank you for keeping on top of the security bugs.

This feels like a silly question, but if I'm on 3.0.0 do I have to upgrade to each previous version, all the way up to 3.0.6? Or can I upgrade straight to 3.0.6?

Many thanks to all the team for the security update and will install when on the desktop.

(03-21-2016, 03:50 PM)nplaviola Wrote: This feels like a silly question, but if I'm on 3.0.0 do I have to upgrade to each previous version, all the way up to 3.0.6? Or can I upgrade straight to 3.0.6?

Just copy system folder in 3.0.6 and paste to replace your system folder 3.0.0 ... upgradedĀ  Angel

Thanks for the fixes. The fact that people find, report, investigate, fix, and remove these issues means that for me, my life is 1000 times easier than it would have been otherwise. Thank you.

@nplaviola
I believe you should check all the upgrade docs from the version you are using to the latest one. There are only six docs to flick through (assuming you are on 3.0) to see what needs updating and they are very clear and well documented. Just make a quick note about everything you need to overwrite with the new files, and you are done. CI and the CI team are fantastic at keeping accurate, clear and comprehensive documentation :-)

(This post was last modified: 03-21-2016, 08:26 PM by nplaviola.)

(03-21-2016, 06:48 PM)PaulD Wrote: Thanks for the fixes. The fact that people find, report, investigate, fix, and remove these issues means that for me, my life is 1000 times easier than it would have been otherwise. Thank you.

@nplaviola
I believe you should check all the upgrade docs from the version you are using to the latest one. There are only six docs to flick through (assuming you are on 3.0) to see what needs updating and they are very clear and well documented. Just make a quick note about everything you need to overwrite with the new files, and you are done. CI and the CI team are fantastic at keeping accurate, clear and comprehensive documentation :-)

Thanks for the reply. I will do just that.

Thank you.
Web Developer

thank you very much. Heart Heart

thank you very much.
KeepĀ calm.

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB