Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Fatal error: Class CI_Session_files_driver contains 1 abstract method and must there

(This post was last modified: 08-14-2017, 09:05 AM by Paradinight.)

(08-14-2017, 07:30 AM)m.reed Wrote: I'm also seeing this issue intermittently (restarting Apache resolves).

My setup is:
- Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit
- CI 3.1.5
- PHP 7.1.8 (also seen using 7.1.2, as well as 5.6)
- Apache 2.4.25 (stand-alone, not WAMP or XAMPP)
- MariaDB 10.1.4

Settings:
- opcache is disabled
- have seen using both file and database sessions driver

Super frustrating issue. At the moment, I'm locked into a Windows environment. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

little question. after deactivating the opcache did you restart the server? And you have the same error?
pls check the phpinfo, if the opcache is deactivate.

edit: did you use ci 3.1.5? And no changes in the system folder.

The opcache has been fixed in the latest versions of php
What did you Try? What did you Get? What did you Expect?

Joined CodeIgniter Community 2009.  ( Skype: insitfx )

(08-14-2017, 07:30 AM)m.reed Wrote: I'm also seeing this issue intermittently (restarting Apache resolves).

My setup is:
- Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-bit
- CI 3.1.5
- PHP 7.1.8 (also seen using 7.1.2, as well as 5.6)
- Apache 2.4.25 (stand-alone, not WAMP or XAMPP)
- MariaDB 10.1.4

Settings:
- opcache is disabled
- have seen using both file and database sessions driver

Super frustrating issue. At the moment, I'm locked into a Windows environment. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Two things are 100% consistent with this issue: Windows (usually 7) and Apache 2 (probably running mod_php).

So ... Unlock yourself from Windows ASAP, and in the meantime maybe try nginx and/or a different PHP SAPI like FPM.

This is strange because I am running Windows 10 Pro with XAMPP PHP version 7.1.7 and I have had no problems
with the Sessions Library. I do use Vhosts and file sessions.

One thing you do need to do with Windows is to go into your Control Panel and setup all of your
Environment variable paths to php etc;

(08-15-2017, 03:45 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: This is strange because I am running Windows 10 Pro with XAMPP PHP version 7.1.7 and I have had no problems

One thing you do need to do with Windows is to go into your Control Panel and setup all of your

Windows 10 might not be affected, I haven't seen anybody using it that has been affected. As I said - most run Windows 7, and I only said "most" because I don't remember all cases; it might as well be only Windows 7.

Also, this has zero to do with sessions. It just so happens that the error is triggered for CI_Session classes in CodeIgniter, but Slim, Pimple, Symfony users have also experienced the issue with various different classes.

(08-15-2017, 04:04 AM)Narf Wrote:
(08-15-2017, 03:45 AM)InsiteFX Wrote: This is strange because I am running Windows 10 Pro with XAMPP PHP version 7.1.7 and I have had no problems

Windows 10 might not be affected, I haven't seen anybody using it that has been affected. As I said - most run Windows 7, and I only said "most" because I don't remember all cases; it might as well be only Windows 7.

Also, this has zero to do with sessions. It just so happens that the error is triggered for CI_Session classes in CodeIgniter, but Slim, Pimple, Symfony users have also experienced the issue with various different classes.

Thanks @Narf, I just thought maybe it was an environment configuration problem.

(03-23-2016, 01:34 AM)Narf Wrote: The class in question has been modified, and it shouldn't be - nothing under system/ should be manually modified.

Download CodeIgniter again and replace your system/ directory with a fresh one.

is there no other way than what you say? by looking for problems that exist in its modified class? if refreshed later the previous configuration may be lost

I seem to be experiencing this issue w/ opcache disabled on a recent macOS (Sierra 10.12.6) Homebrew install of PHP Version 7.1.10 running on Apache 2.4 mod_php that has CodeIgniter (3.1.4) intermittently (but quite often) throwing this same "PHP Fatal error: Class CI_Session_files_driver contains 1 abstract method ..."

I'll look into the helpful suggestion to use a different PHP SAPI like FPM as a solution, but thought it might be useful to indicate a non-Windows instance of this problem.

Please restart your Apache server and problem will be gone..... Smile

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB