Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Reminder if you want private messages on this forum....

This is a public server message!

If you want private messages on this forum turn on "Receive private messages from other users."

Edit Options > Messaging and Notification > Receive private messages from other users.

http://forum.codeigniter.com/usercp.php?action=options

I had a user PM me a question and has there PM off? So... how do I respond to them??????

You could look in their profile - see if they have posted anything, and then write to them in that thread.
And yes its not obvious at all - I made exactly the same mistake trying to pm someone. it doesn't warn you that you won't be able to get replies.

If the 'mods' are reading this - if its possible to have private messages turned on by default instead of off - that would be better.

(06-08-2016, 02:34 PM)cartalot Wrote: You could look in their profile - see if they have posted anything, and then write to them in that thread.
And yes its not obvious at all - I made exactly the same mistake trying to pm someone. it doesn't warn you that you won't be able to get replies.

If the 'mods' are reading this - if its possible to have private messages turned on by default instead of off - that would be better.

We did have private messages "on" as the default, and were asked to make the default "off".
It is not something to toggle on request, and I am inclined to leave them "off" in respect of privacy.
If upset about it, why not open a poll to see how the community feels?

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB